Strickland

May 17, 2019
what country is this that u only get 10 eggs? here in glorious canada the eggs come in package of 12 in a carton.
Europe just likes being retarded from time to time

- - - Updated - - -

Salmon return to rivers to spawn too.

Also I'm very sure that this small friend can take down a cow if it wants to :heart:

well my brittish shorthair and 99.9% of cats probably can't take down a cow :D

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
The UK just increased the salary threshold for skilled worker visas and family visas to £38,700 (it was around £20k previously).

It's not going to affect me personally but not too many people outside London make that much, and British citizens will also be affected. Those with foreign spouses won't be able to bring their partners to the UK unless they make over £38k.

I do feel increasingly less welcome in this country.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The UK just increased the salary threshold for skilled worker visas and family visas to £38,700 (it was around £20k previously).

It's not going to affect me personally but not too many people outside London make that much, and British citizens will also be affected. Those with foreign spouses won't be able to bring their partners to the UK unless they make over £38k.

With the graduate visa also in the firing zone, the next few years are going to be interesting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Povvos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I can't believe you've ever felt welcome there.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
Can you live off 20k in the UK? That seems extremely low considering the prices Ive seen when visiting

Can't live off that in London. But the rest of the country isn't as expensive nor do they make anywhere near London wages.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Is that lone or combined salary?
Lone if the spouse is outside the UK. It's combined if the spouse is already in the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you live off 20k in the UK? That seems extremely low considering the prices Ive seen when visiting

It's poverty money. I don't know how someone could manage to live on that.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah just pop a kid out. But yes you can but won't be able to afford much decent.

Also depends where, north is a lot cheaper. I know someone who went to Hartlepool and they offered him a big pay rise as they are desperate for staff. His rent was £600 for a three bed, you can rent for £450 if needed. Where I live in the Midlands is 40-50% more expensive. London probably add another 50% (or more) to that.

Sounds to me like this is partly to curb foreign workers coming in for a time and sending money back out of the country to family.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah just pop a kid out. But yes you can but won't be able to afford much decent.

Also depends where, north is a lot cheaper. I know someone who went to Hartlepool and they offered him a big pay rise as they are desperate for staff. His rent was £600 for a three bed, you can rent for £450 if needed. Where I live in the Midlands is 40-50% more expensive. London probably add another 50% (or more) to that.

Sounds to me like this is partly to curb foreign workers coming in for a time and sending money back out of the country to family.
This would do the opposite no? If you can’t bring your spouse/kids, you’ll most likely send more money abroad as opposed to spending it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 990)