swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It’s Narendra Modi’s recipe for when he wants to go full on Andrei Chikatilo.

So I’m in the outskirts of Dublin now. Leopardstown to be exact. This place makes Dallas look like the Vegas strip. I haven’t seen so many vacant modern Northern European glass-and-metal office park buildings since Channel 4’s “Utopia”.

Turns out the Leopardstown name is actually derived from “town of the lepers”, cause this is where they got dumped outside of Dublin. Things haven’t changed all that much since then.

But just chillin until I meet some friends to tour the remote parts of the country over the next week…

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It’s Narendra Modi’s recipe for when he wants to go full on Andrei Chikatilo.

So I’m in the outskirts of Dublin now. Leopardstown to be exact. This place makes Dallas look like the Vegas strip. I haven’t seen so many vacant modern Northern European glass-and-metal office park buildings since Channel 4’s “Utopia”.

Turns out the Leopardstown name is actually derived from “town of the lepers”, cause this is where they got dumped outside of Dublin. Things haven’t changed all that much since then.

But just chillin until I meet some friends to tour the remote parts of the country over the next week…
:lol: funny thats what i thought of when i first read the name, must be lepperstown. Also this pic made me think of you for some reason:

Screenshot_20220922-153247_Twitter.jpg

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #368,652
    What are the characteristics of people from Abruzzo? What goes on there?
    Although the population density of Abruzzo has increased over recent decades, it is still well below the Italian national average: in 2008, 123.4 inhabitants per km2, compared to 198.8. In the provinces, the density varies: as of 2008 Pescara is the most densely populated with 260.1 inhabitants per km2, whereas L'Aquila is the least densely populated with 61.3 inhabitants per km2, although it has the largest area. After decades of emigration from the region, the main feature of the 1980s is immigration from third world countries. The population increase is due to the positive net migration. Since 1991 more deaths than births were registered in Abruzzo (except for 1999, when their numbers were equal).[44] In 2008, the Italian national institute of statistics ISTAT estimated that 59,749 foreign-born immigrants live in Abruzzo, equal to 4.5% of the total regional population.

The most serious demographic imbalance is between the mountainous areas of the interior and the coastal strip. The largest province, L'Aquila, is situated entirely in the interior and has the lowest population density. The movement of the population of Abruzzo from the mountains to the sea has led to the almost complete urbanization of the entire coastal strip especially in the province of Teramo and Chieti. The effects on the interior have been impoverishment and demographic aging, reflected by an activity rate in the province of L'Aquila which is the lowest among the provinces in Abruzzo – accompanied by geological degradation as a result of the absence of conservation measures. In the coastal strip, however, there is such a jumble of accommodations and activities that the environment has been negatively affected. The policy of providing incentives for development has resulted in the setting-up of industrial zones, some of which (Vasto, Avezzano, Carsoli, Gissi, Val Vibrata, Val di Sangro) have made genuine progress, while others (Val Pescara, L'Aquila) have run into trouble after their initial success. The zones of Sulmona and Guardiagrele have turned out to be more or less failures. Outside these zones, the main activities are agriculture and tourism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 228)