Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Swedish is easy. I have 3 colleagues from Sweden, they speak Swedish at work and I have no problem understanding them.

Danish on the other hand is much harder to understand, like Osman described: sounds like you have fish stuck in your throat.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I had no idea we have so many Scandinavians here.

No wonder this place is fucked up.
Yes, those peeps are weird. They think they are vikings like their ancestors but they act like faggots. I guess they are just a good example of the modern world. :snoop:

--

Danish sounds like drunk Swedish people were trying to speak French.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Haha I imagine. Thats how we feel about norwegians too when reading it, it looks like danish where the person wrote it wrong. Swedish on text is understandable for us but still too different to understand everything.

Norwegian is usually easier to understand than Swedish, but maybe it’s different for someone coming from Copenhagen as they’re more in touch with you than someone like me who’s from the Jylland peninsula, it’s the land connected to Germany.
I expect you to speak deutsch then!

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
You can speak to me in German and I will understand it relative well but it's much harder for me to speak it. A lot of the words are similar to Danish words (both Germanic languages as talked about yesterday), but the way you Germans build up a sentence is different to us - along with other differences.

But still you're able to tell they're similar in some cases.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah danish sounds like you guys have fish stuck in your throats, I tell the danes I know speak in english :D Norwegians I understand like 80%, tho they sound like they singing opera when they talk. I can read danish intelligbly, but hearing you guys speak it, forget about it LOL
Danish is easily the best of the scandinavian languages. In fact it's the only one that sounds like an actual language. Swedish sounds, for lack of a better word, silly. The language is incapable of showing anger, hostility, passion, fear etc. Norwegian is basically incorrect Danish and Finnish.. well :lol:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Danish is easily the best of the scandinavian languages. In fact it's the only one that sounds like an actual language. Swedish sounds, for lack of a better word, silly. The language is incapable of showing anger, hostility, passion, fear etc. Norwegian is basically incorrect Danish and Finnish.. well :lol:
you are a Dane. Too handsome to be a Dane.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Danish is easily the best of the scandinavian languages. In fact it's the only one that sounds like an actual language. Swedish sounds, for lack of a better word, silly. The language is incapable of showing anger, hostility, passion, fear etc.

Kannst du mir einen blasen.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Dutch is strange. I don't understand them, yet I still always try to understand them anyway, because it sounds so similar. Bit like a fucked up german dialect.
I'm also able to understand some Dutch, although most just words and here and then a sentence. Reading it I can pick out some of it.

Is Danish understandable to understand for a German or is it too different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 998)