Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
You don't think rapers would stop raping if they were castrated

But I mean as a deterrent
Well, penetration isn't the only way to rape, so that's why castration wouldn't work. And also, I repeat, it's not about "having a penis" but about the morbidity generated by power and domination over the other person. The rapist will continue to feel that pleasure and fascination, even without his genitals, and will do so again in one way or another.

By reinsertion you mean repeat offences?
Yes.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
It's not the only way to rape, but it removes or greatly reduces one of the main incentives to which is sexual satisfaction

I believe in many if not most cases it's more about sexual desire. But I haven't researched this, do you have facts behind your claim?

Why wouldn't there be repeat offenders?
Because they are people with very, very difficult behavior, and reinsertions aren't sufficiently supervised. The prison isn't transformative, the treatment they do to modify the behaviors and maladaptive thoughts aren't deep and strict enough. It's also proven that rapists usually don't feel guilt or regret.
I understand what you mean about sexual desire, but in reality they don't seek to rape for sexual desire, but, as I said before, that represents a total domination and humiliation physical and psychological.
I don't know of any case of real reintegration of rapists, but of people who have exercised other types of violence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1411)