swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I wasn't going for anything since it had been a long time since we broke up.
3 months isn't that long. But we'll count it...

I asked, because she acts like a teenie girl by deleting/blocking you.

Or did you act like a teenie making those instagram-stories only to show her your new girls? :shifty:

I'd need to see the instagram story to make a final evaluation. PM please.
I dunno. I know some peeps in their 30s who block their ex's on all social media when they break up. It isn't just teens.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I dunno. I know some peeps in their 30s who block their ex's on all social media when they break up. It isn't just teens.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Sometimes people can have a break up on good enough terms to remain facebook friends. Even in that case I don't believe in exes really being part of each other's lives. Usually it leads to all sorts of toxic behaviour. But if it is limited to having each other on facebook, sure, why not.

But there are also cases where one party is still in love with the other or it was an abusive relationship or even some other reason that make blocking actually the adult thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not a bad thing either, I'm all for "lets never see each other again" rather than "lets stay "friends"" approach
Yeah, I fully agree. Usually the relationship is just way too poisonous at that point to remain friends.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
He actually just sent me the photo and it looks pretty harmless.
Yup. We could look like just friends in that photo.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not a bad thing either, I'm all for "lets never see each other again" rather than "lets stay "friends"" approach
I'm fine with going no contact for a while but deleting/blocking someone is a bit too much, especially if the relationship wasn't toxic for the most part but mostly a good experience for both. I usually stop following them on Facebook (not deleting them) and hide them on Instagram (not the same as unfollowing) so their stuff doesn't randomly pop up on my feed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Some women I know are big on the idea that they need to remain friends with their former bfs. Sometimes that works. I have a good friend where we tried dating in the middle of it and it was awkward as hell, and we became much better friends the second time around. But more often are the cases where things haven't ended well ... and even trying to act like you can control it so it ends well isn't exactly a win either.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Sometimes people can have a break up on good enough terms to remain facebook friends. Even in that case I don't believe in exes really being part of each other's lives. Usually it leads to all sorts of toxic behaviour. But if it is limited to having each other on facebook, sure, why not.

But there are also cases where one party is still in love with the other or it was an abusive relationship or even some other reason that make blocking actually the adult thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I fully agree. Usually the relationship is just way too poisonous at that point to remain friends.
Funny how you both opened with the same sentence.

Sometimes it's not even about people being toxic with each other. Sometimes it's just allowing space for each other to move on with their lives and their next relationships. As much as staying friends might seem like an absolute good, often it is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 631)