Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
You can do all of that and it still doesn't work. And then a month later you decide to try and reinsert yourself into our lives and things get silly real fast.
Sorry E! :( It blows. I wish I could say I had all the answers. Some people are just not meant to be together however that does not mean someone else won't appreciate it. Don't change a thing.

If you're an ugly woman though, that is pretty much impossible to overcome. I know it's harsh, but it is what it is.
I am pretty sure that is not actually the case. I have seen a lot of girls who are not the prettiest who have gotten married and are happy while their more attractive counterparts are still single and looking.

Though what men look for in women in serious relationships is intrinsic to them while women will gravitate more towards the material. Obviously attractive economics says you date within your league.
:lol: I dare you to watch @king Ale in the eye and say that to her with a straight face.

Risa is back :weee: And then she drops this condensed wisdom bomb. :lol:

Hope you're doing well!
I am like a moth to a flame and full of bad cliches when GoT season is here.

I have very little to complain about these days. How have you been?

It's not that easy though. You present it as if staying faithful is enough. You have to stay faithful whilst demonstrating that you could stray if you wanted to, but you don't want to.
Interesting. And you think demonstrating that you can stray is key?

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Sorry E! :( It blows. I wish I could say I had all the answers. Some people are just not meant to be together however that does not mean someone else won't appreciate it. Don't change a thing.

I am pretty sure that is not actually the case. I have seen a lot of girls who are not the prettiest who have gotten married and are happy while their more attractive counterparts are still single and looking.

:lol: I dare you to watch @king Ale in the eye and say that to her with a straight face.

I am like a moth to a flame and full of bad cliches when GoT season is here.

Interesting. And you think demonstrating that you can stray is key?
There's plenty of stuff we disagree on :p but it's just details in the grand scheme of things

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
All guilty until proven innocent :p
You are a tough cookie. Most of the women that I know are usually innocent of this however a lot of the guys seem your point is very real. A few rotten apples spoil it for the entire bunch is my only defence.

P.S. The number of good apples tend to be far greater than the rotten one.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You are a tough cookie. Most of the women that I know are usually innocent of this however a lot of the guys seem your point is very real. A few rotten apples spoil it for the entire bunch is my only defence.

It's not necessarily good or bad, but women in general will look for stability and that usually translates to a dude with a good job and a 'conventional' lifestyle.
My personal experience with women has actually been great believe it or not so i do agree with your good apple statistic :p

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That's great. Generally pretty good here. The new job has been great, even if the commute sucks. Working a lot with a bunch of Brazilians from Floripa too. Speaking of which, how was carnival this year?

Relationships quite often suck in general. They are brittle, full of compromises, and prone to breakups if not also murder-suicides. So it's convenient when we all blame another gender for our ills -- shielding ourselves from our role in and responsibility for the misery.

And most of the time, the misery caused isn't even intentional. It's often a matter of personal frailty, selfish needs, unmet expectations, and the ridiculousness of expecting our partners to be mind-readers.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Haha do you disagree with that? I have been in a very few relationships and have never had the chance to really assess those guys financially before falling for them [:p] but i too think women are more materialistic at least in starting relationships. This doesn't make them rotten apples though, it's fine :p

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Haha do you disagree with that? I have been in a very few relationships and have never had the chance to really assess those guys financially before falling for them [:p] but i too think women are more materialistic at least in starting relationships. This doesn't make them rotten apples though, it's fine :p
Lol I only mentioned you because I thought you were the exact opposite of what he was describing.

- - - Updated - - -

Relationships quite often suck in general. They are brittle, full of compromises, and prone to breakups if not also murder-suicides. So it's convenient when we all blame another gender for our ills -- shielding ourselves from our role in and responsibility for the misery.

And most of the time, the misery caused isn't even intentional. It's often a matter of personal frailty, selfish needs, unmet expectations, and the ridiculousness of expecting our partners to be mind-readers.
I swear I began typing everything you just said there in answer to Aaron last night and then I got really hungry and could not function after that and dumped the entire post. I agree with you whole heartedly. Relationships are damn hard work and not for the faint/fickle of heart. If you can't do the time, spare others from your crime for Pete's sake (or Jessica's sake)

That's great. Generally pretty good here. The new job has been great, even if the commute sucks. Working a lot with a bunch of Brazilians from Floripa too. Speaking of which, how was carnival this year?
Filled with its usual dose of debauchery I am sure. I only left my house on 2 occasions for it. Lol I am getting old!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I swear I began typing everything you just said there in answer to Aaron last night and then I got really hungry and could not function after that and dumped the entire post. I agree with you whole heartedly. Relationships are damn hard work and not for the faint/fickle of heart. If you can't do the time, spare others from your crime for Pete's sake (or Jessica's sake)
:D

Which isn't to say, in Enron's defense, that some people are just really bad at that and aren't fit to be in a sustainable relationship for any foreseeable future.

Filled with its usual dose of debauchery I am sure. I only left my house on 2 occasions for it. Lol I am getting old!
As long as you're not telling the teens to stay out of trouble. ;)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Lol I only mentioned you because I thought you were the exact opposite of what he was describing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for thinking so highly of me :heart: but even I don't know that about myself :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Florida you say? You should hook up with this dude

Attachments

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Which isn't to say, in Enron's defense, that some people are just really bad at that and aren't fit to be in a sustainable relationship for any foreseeable future.
I think the best thing to come out of the last couple of weeks is that none of what happened was actually my fault. Basically, I'm awesome and she isn't ready for whatever we were getting ready for.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I think the best thing to come out of the last couple of weeks is that none of what happened was actually my fault. Basically, I'm awesome and she isn't ready for whatever we were getting ready for.
Good for you E! As long as you gave it your best shot, you have nada to worry about. Guys like you are SOOO rare, don't you dare change that for anyone.

As long as you're not telling the teens to stay out of trouble. ;)
Lol I am barely a responsible adult myself so not quite yet. :D

Thanks for thinking so highly of me :heart: but even I don't know that about myself :D
You are most welcome. Personally I want my equal but I do not think it necessarily means that I need my equal to provide stability for me, more like share in my stable ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 318)