Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Imagine this, you drink beer, wine and whiskey and you get terrible hangover. :D

--

Hey have you guys been in Torino and how often. Do you know any good houses/apartments that you can rent? So no hotel, just some nice flat that you can rent, like those villas in southern Italy. Going there in next March probably and we don't like hotels that much.

EDIT: @Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Imagine this, you drink beer, wine and whiskey and you get terrible hangover. :D

--

Hey have you guys been in Torino and how often. Do you know any good houses/apartments that you can rent? So no hotel, just some nice flat that you can rent, like those villas in southern Italy. Going there in next March probably and we don't like hotels that much.

EDIT: @Martin
Hi Lapa, great story bro!

Sounds like you should try airbnb

Aug 1, 2003
Has anyone moved far away from their family, whom they're very close to, because of marriage (i.e. following your partner)? How do you deal with it / try to minimise the effects of not being home ?

I worry about not spending time with my parents in their old age, and that my nieces / nephews might forget me or we lose the connection we have now, and worst of all I worry my cats will die much quicker (they're ageing too) without the TLC from their mumma ...

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Has anyone moved far away from their family, whom they're very close to, because of marriage (i.e. following your partner)? How do you deal with it / try to minimise the effects of not being home ?

I worry about not spending time with my parents in their old age, and that my nieces / nephews might forget me or we lose the connection we have now, and worst of all I worry my cats will die much quicker (they're ageing too) without the TLC from their mumma ...
You got married???

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Family is a different thing in Asia than it is here... it seems much stronger and more foundational. That said, I have a pretty close "nuclear" family. I moved away not for a girl, but for a job. My brothers and I have stayed decently connected over the years, although that has evolved over time. Phone calls, regular visits to each other. Family is family -- so that's the good thing. Distance can't really break blood ties like that. But as your parents get older, it is important to be present for the time that you have them in this world.

So yeah -- make regular visits (which will be nice) and find other ways (phone, Skype, etc.) to keep connected. It will work out.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh, hey ... @Dru @icemaη @Sheik Yerbouti...

So after my wife and I left Dru's last night, how was AsiaSF?? :klin: You guys pick up any "waitresses" who are coming over to watch the match at my place this morning? :D

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005

If you got married then your guy and his cats are your family now. Don't have your legs in two boats.

How do u deal with it? If you guys are in love and your family isnt dependent on you then youll get over it within weeks.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

There's Skype, it works for my family. And take your cats with you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 806)