Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
This :agree:

And our chancellor's opinion in pan-european politics is basically always a copy of Merkel's stance :howler:. Sometimes his rethorics are actually quite sensible and old school social democratic, but he's not really succesful in overcoming the resistance of the conservatives, his coalition partner. The fucked up thing is, even though they hold less seats in the parliaent, the conservative party is effectively more powerful than the social democrats, as they've got the alternative of forming a coalition with the extreme right, which the social democrats reject. And there ain't enough seats for a social democrat-green party coalition, and unfortunately this isn't going to change anytime soon.
Pretty much a similar situation in Denmark.

I don't really expect much of Renzi to be honest, at least not in terms of changing the political climate in Europe. Just two weeks ago or so he tried to pass a bill that would enable Berlusconi to return to office :sergio:

It's looking pretty bleak in Europe atm, don't really see from where any initiative might come. Germany is firmly in the hand of the CDU (not that the SPD would be a viable alternative really, still caught up with the ways of Schröder). I actually was rather optimistic when Hollande got elected, thought that might kick things off or at least restrict Merkel's influence, but I guess that didn't really work out either.
Maybe Jonas Gahr Støre's (Norwegian Labour Party) expected success could be a breath of fresh air. I know that the next leader of the Danish Social Democrats will (very likely) be more of a traditional Social Democrat (in a modern way). In Sweden Stefan Löfven had some (still limited) success with focus on work/labour, public schools and a refusal to accept the Right Wing populism on immigrants and refugees.

But yeah.. Social Democrats is suffering under Right Wing Populism and neo-liberal consensus on the Economy.

I still have hopes. Otherwise I wouldn't an active Social Democrat here in Glorious Denmark.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's looking pretty bleak in Europe atm, don't really see from where any initiative might come. Germany is firmly in the hand of the CDU (not that the SPD would be a viable alternative really, still caught up with the ways of Schröder). I actually was rather optimistic when Hollande got elected, thought that might kick things off or at least restrict Merkel's influence, but I guess that didn't really work out either.
And nothing will change. EU zone is fucked up already, pound and England are doing a financial harakiri for quite a while.

If there's anything positive popping up it's the East.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH I didn't even read the whole discussion. I'm so tired, I just felt I need to write that. :D

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
And nothing will change. EU zone is fucked up already, pound and England are doing a financial harakiri for quite a while.
The only reason nothing is changing is because nothing is happening. There are plenty of sound economies in EU that could loosen up on their financial strains and spend more money.

Nothern Europe needs to invest while reforming (Scandinavia, Benelux, Germany). Southern Europe (France, Spain and Italy) needs to reform to make room for investment.

- - - Updated - - -
@piotrr remember new top gear season tonight.

Catch it on BBC iplayer, if you know how to change your IP. Oh, wait. You don't :lol:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
:lol:

Just found an old thread where I had to save a new danish member who Badass was all over accusing him of being Alvin :lol:

Fuck you @Badass Vidal! We would have had more Danes here if it wasn't for you, you shedevil!

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
haha whoops :oops: there was Alvin and Tonykart :touched:

People accused me of being Alen when I signed up because I said I knew Vidal's cousin. The funny thing is that I really know Vidal's cousin. But because of Marcelogate, nobody will ever believe me. I even sent proof to Janna. Fact.
You not Alen? crap!

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
People accused me of being Alen when I signed up because I said I knew Vidal's cousin. The funny thing is that I really know Vidal's cousin. But because of Marcelogate, nobody will ever believe me. I even sent proof to Janna. Fact.
Shut up or I'll prove to them you have a double account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 593)