ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's the middle of the night and I'm hungry. Fuckin' Huitzilopochtli, my stomach's growling now.
Same here. About to go get something. I wish I had a mediterranean food store nearby. Lamb kebabs with warm pita breads, grilled octopus as an appetizer, tzatziki sauce, feta cheese with olive oil and herbs, baked potatoes, and so onnnn... :lick:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
And seafood platters full of shrimp, calamari, and mussels. The way they do them over there. Where they're fried and have a lot of lemon and garlic. :lick: omfg, so hungry right now.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Is the missus sleeping :klin: Ice ??
:agree:

Same here. About to go get something. I wish I had a mediterranean food store nearby. Lamb kebabs with warm pita breads, grilled octopus as an appetizer, tzatziki sauce, feta cheese with olive oil and herbs, baked potatoes, and so onnnn... :lick:
:(

Whenever I see his name I think Hezbollah.
:lol2:

wait, I know another one actually. yalla!
Yalla! Yalla! Ya Habeebi!

---------- Post added 09.09.2012 at 04:21 ----------

And seafood platters full of shrimp, calamari, and mussels. The way they do them over there. Where they're fried and have a lot of lemon and garlic. :lick: omfg, so hungry right now.
No, not seafood! My favourite :cry:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Thats the hope.

Meh.

I'm a proponent of performance linked pay in general, so i don't really agree with that statement. Its how you define "performance" that is the problem. What your trying to say is when performance is defined narrowly as how much $ in sales you make, and when the vast majority of your pay is linked explicitly to how much dollars you make, then that becomes a problem. Especially in the education sector, generally commission based salaries in university admission jobs are frowned upon. Admission officers should provide more of a counseling service than actually being full fledged sales people.
I believe in BIK and Bonus driven remunerations and in certain cases monthly OTE financial packages but I think there's a fine balance to be had between lethargy and greed and in Higher Education we're moving from too far in the former to too far in the later. If we are viewing education as a right, than working in it becomes a vocation IMO. The problem indeed as you said is measuring 'performance' and what to link it to? fees? grades? or consumer satisfaction?

In the UK the problem is endemic, and every major Uni is greedy to the last because of the bullshit privatisation ethos of the ConDem Coalition. I'm not arguing for Uni as a right, but turning knowledge into a business flies in the face of any semblance of fair play. But then again you are probably the 1 in 10 that likes their job and does it well for the good of the kids.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Man..

Just had a four hour conversation about economics with my father-in-law.

Funny thing was that my girlfriends 13 year old sister (get your hands and thoughts away greasy old men) understood more about economics than Andrea :lol2:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So I'm chillin' in remote Marshall, CA -- surrounded by nothing but oysters -- drinking West Marin pinot noir and jammin to "State of the Union" off Thievery Corp's Richest Man In Babylon album on the mini-speaker hanging off this phone. And all is good.

Hope you all are enjoying this footie-free Saturday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 783)