JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
and you know what? they succeeded. java is better than c++ and certainly did replace it in many places where c++ would otherwise still be used
Java only did that in the internet sector while when you talk about operating systems, games and all the other programs C++ certainly is irreplaceable ATM. at least when it comes to replacing it with Java that is :D

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
I'm so ready for Sunday. I just want to go home at this point. All this graduation stuff is becoming exhausting.

And I'm going to be so mad if Regal Barca win the Euroleague tomorrow and I'm stuck here not celebrating in Barcelona but alone while watching the final on some shitty stream.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Java only did that in the internet sector while when you talk about operating systems, games and all the other programs C++ certainly is irreplaceable ATM. at least when it comes to replacing it with Java that is :D
Operating systems are most commonly written in C.
Games, photo manipulation (photoshop etc) most likely C++.

But that is by no means "most of it". Most of the programs in the world are actually not software that everyone has, they are custom in a gazillion different companies, their internal code. And that's where java is #1 (I think).

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Operating systems are most commonly written in C.
Games, photo manipulation (photoshop etc) most likely C++.

But that is by no means "most of it". Most of the programs in the world are actually not software that everyone has, they are custom in a gazillion different companies, their internal code. And that's where java is #1 (I think).
I see :agree:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
For me it was :agree:

Same here but that goes well to all the engineering majors along with the computing ones ofcourse. But why math Hoori why? :disagree:
Nothing gives me better feeling than solving a mathematics problem :D

So Hoori, you actually liked your C course? You don't hear that a lot from people who had to take one programming course. I wish I could say I loved all the math courses they made me take but.
I loved it and I got a good mark at it. I don't remember much now but it was one of the most interesting subjects I passed at the second semester.

no wonder you so cool!
What did/do you study at university?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I loved it and I got a good mark at it. I don't remember much now but it was one of the most interesting subjects I passed at the second semester.
That's cool. It looks like everyone here who's done C liked it.

Recently I've gotten into the habit of calling anything that makes people feel good (but intellectual activities obviously, not intake of drugs) coding. So solving math problems makes you feel good, that's coding to you. Now we have a terminology for it :D

What do you mean? (I'm guessing I didn't because I don't know what you mean :D)
Yeah alright. You'll hear of it someday :D (or take a sneak peek)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 973)