Sep 1, 2002
Not quite yet.

On another note, the goals scored by your Del Piero and my Gerrard have to be two of the most amazing CL goals scored on consecutive days.
picture this:

Arshsavin steps up to take a free kick 25m from the Juve goal.
He strikes it cleanly and hard.
It diviates a little but goes relatively straight.
It passes Buffon who is wrong footed (thinking it going to his right) into the middle of the goal.

Wonder goal or goalkeeper error?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Watching Forest Gump and trying to type legibly after my first hour back of Uni (and 8 hours of drinking to celebrate the successful completion of).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
picture this:

It passes Buffon who is wrong footed (thinking it going to his right) into the middle of the goal.

The Dinkster was right in that the GK misplayed it, but then that's also the reason DP placed it high and to his left from that far out.

What's The Fuus, Guus also got it right in that Juve only created two good set piece goal attempts whereas Zenit had a couple in the run of play that were closed down early in the match.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
picture this:

Who says the two aren't linked? There are many "wonder goals" that were provided by some poor keeper who just didn't get things right.

If Arshavin did that to Juve I would say it was a wonder goal. Juve fans, however, might have a different opinion.

Sep 1, 2002
Balls: the goalkeeper made an arse of himself, and if ithadbeen Buffon these threads would be full of comdenation on his mistake.

It is fanciful, if not risible, to suggest DP played for the keeper to make such a fundemental error.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Balls: the goalkeeper made an arse of himself, and if ithadbeen Buffon these threads would be full of comdenation on his mistake.

It is fanciful, if not risible, to suggest DP played for the keeper to make such a fundemental error.
Oh, comon'. Now you're just jealous. I got my Juventus Member renewal pack in the mail this week, and you just wish this enclosed bit of swag was addressed to you instead of me before the Zenit match:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 370)