swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Look, I hate the Granny awards. Think they are the dumbest excuse for an industry awards going among all the major entertainment categories.

Especially with their track record of irrelevant "genius". By doing things like awarding Jethro Tull over Metallica for "Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Recording" of 1989, causing most of the audience to bust out laughing thinking they were being punk'd.
https://www.loudersound.com/feature...-jethro-tull-beat-metallica-to-a-grammy-award

So I came across the recent Grannies video of "Fast Car" with Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs, the latter of whom is credited with making a modern phenom out of her song from 35 years ago.

And the guy is terrible! I mean, Combs is like a drunk, mumbling version of the singer from Crash Test Dummies with slide guitar added. Tracy Chapman is surprisingly as talented as ever on it. And I'm thinking, "How did this fat slob with a speech impediment revive the career of someone way more talented than he is?"

Some things I will never understand.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Look, I hate the Granny awards. Think they are the dumbest excuse for an industry awards going among all the major entertainment categories.

Especially with their track record of irrelevant "genius". By doing things like awarding Jethro Tull over Metallica for "Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Recording" of 1989, causing most of the audience to bust out laughing thinking they were being punk'd.
https://www.loudersound.com/feature...-jethro-tull-beat-metallica-to-a-grammy-award

So I came across the recent Grannies video of "Fast Car" with Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs, the latter of whom is credited with making a modern phenom out of her song from 35 years ago.

And the guy is terrible! I mean, Combs is like a drunk, mumbling version of the singer from Crash Test Dummies with slide guitar added. Tracy Chapman is surprisingly as talented as ever on it. And I'm thinking, "How did this fat slob with a speech impediment revive the career of someone way more talented than he is?"

Some things I will never understand.
people actually watch these and oscars? i never cared for these celebrity circle jerking.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
people actually watch these and oscars? i never cared for these celebrity circle jerking.
Some do. More to my point isn't the visual spectacle... it's the credibility of the award giving to begin with. Jay-Z was spouting off with calculus for how many Grannies his wife won but whining how she never got Record of the Year and therefore Black artists are being held back.

If you really wanna look like a damn fool in public, get on your pedestal at an event that you and your family have benefitted from handsomely already, and then rain down your list of grievances about a bogus system that had zero credibility from the beginning.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Some do. More to my point isn't the visual spectacle... it's the credibility of the award giving to begin with. Jay-Z was spouting off with calculus for how many Grannies his wife won but whining how she never got Record of the Year and therefore Black artists are being held back.

If you really wanna look like a damn fool in public, get on your pedestal at an event that you and your family have benefitted from handsomely already, and then rain down your list of grievances about a bogus system that had zero credibility from the beginning.
good points. these celebrities really get out of touch when their riches keep going up.

remember the whole gwyneth paltrow or whatever her name is.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
after the tree house for my son, i started a new project: a room in the attic. and i'll try to add a garderobe and a small bathroom too. easily my biggest construction project so far, i'm trying my best to not fuck it up. it's an attic of 8x9 meters, the roof makes it smaller, still a good 40 m2 will be usable. first few hours: installing rock wool insulation. much more enjoyable than the endless and useless debates on allegri lol

(that chimney will have to go of course)

IMG20240210152515.jpg

IMG20240211181429.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 534)