Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Most of the time I can not ease up as I feel I may miss a work opportunity or that someone is working harder than me.
WTF! Work & life balance my guy. Put your health first.
Sorry about your dad. My dad passed away 9 years ago & my mom last May. I still have vivid dreams where they appear. Sometimes both together and other times separately. I take great comfort in that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Thanks, A. Yeah, the good news is the treatments are going perfectly and have made a major impact/improvement in just the first few weeks. It's not chemo, which blows up everything. But damn these targeted multi-clonal antibody treatments are practically surgical in their precision.

Even if it means I have to spend a day every now and then looking like Fabio Cannavaro in the Parma hotel room before the Copa UEFA final...

Shared for your sick, twisted, horrifying pleasure:
https://hidratespark.com/products/hidratespark-pro-24oz-smart-water-bottle
60 bucks! that's us dollars so about 72 canadian. for a bo'ol of wa'ah?

man i didn't know you were high society living like that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
For the last couple of years, the Christmas time was my retreat: I was going off the grid, switching off my phone, and emails, and focusing on a couple of things that were "constant" during this time:
- playing Yakuza game,
- reading books I was saving up for this moment,
- watching all seasons of "Workaholics".

I don't mind being alone, I always felt so relieved that the whole world was slowing down at the end of the year and so was I. Most of the time I can not ease up as I feel I may miss a work opportunity or that someone is working harder than me.

My Dad died on the 2nd of January 2021 but - even though the memory is very vivid during this time - it didn't make me feel depressed back in '21 and '22. It was a part of life, I guess.

For some reason this year was different. I felt more lonely than alone and couldn't shake off memories of my Dad, especially the last Christmas we spent together: obviously, I never knew THAT Christmas would be our last one.
My "comfort" things didn't feel that much of a comfort. I found myself having trouble focusing on the books and didn't read as much as I had hoped to. STILL, this forum is such a great place to be. I fucking love all these tantrums, name-calling, and everything else. Love you guys.
I had a big problem with drugs ever since Dad died as I couldn't cope with it but got it under control, finally, this year. Yet in December, I did more drugs than I did over the last six months.

What I'm trying to say is that I asked myself: "what are you doing right now?" and I realized that I don't know, I don't care and I don't remember the last time I could answer this question with anything else but "hurting".

xxx

Sorry for the emo post, I guess I had to vent it all out somewhere. Considering the fact how we play this season, the ocean of misery I poured on all of you seems like an integral part of Juve these days.
I'm sorry for your loss. Grief is a strange thing, and these holidays always manage to bring it out. I hope you make it through this wave soon. I'm glad to hear you've gotten things under control, it sucks that you've had a bit of a relapse of sorts but just treat this as a misstep and get right back to it. I know there's nothing that I could really say to you to change anything, but just hang in there man, I know you'll get through it. And Tuz will always be here for you as the ridiculous insane asylum of distractions that it always was.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
60 bucks! that's us dollars so about 72 canadian. for a bo'ol of wa'ah?

man i didn't know you were high society living like that.
Oh, it’s ridiculous. It’s also a nice water bottle. So I was pretty ambivalent about whether I wanted to keep it or burn it. Now I use it everywhere.

But I would never ever pay out of pocket for that nonsense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 746)