swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Now don’t hate on me for the over-tech’ed water bottle I got as a speaker’s gift at a conference last year, wanted to toss it for its ridiculousness except it seemed expensive and wasteful, and then I exhumed it when I started medically needing to drink and monitor liters of daily water as part of my leukemia treatments…

Added this last night to absurd crap I never thought I would say in life:

“I can’t believe my water bottle was experiencing server connection failures, so it logged me out of my phone for security reasons. Now it’s just flying blind.”

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Now don’t hate on me for the over-tech’ed water bottle I got as a speaker’s gift at a conference last year, wanted to toss it for its ridiculousness except it seemed expensive and wasteful, and then I exhumed it when I started medically needing to drink and monitor liters of daily water as part of my leukemia treatments…

“I can’t believe my water bottle was experiencing server connection failures, so it logged me out of my phone for security reasons. Now it’s just flying blind.”
Leukemia is a bitch man, hope you get better soon.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

u gonna withhold what make this is or u gonna share the link for the bottle with us other hydro homies

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Leukemia is a bitch man, hope you get better soon.
Thanks, A. Yeah, the good news is the treatments are going perfectly and have made a major impact/improvement in just the first few weeks. It's not chemo, which blows up everything. But damn these targeted multi-clonal antibody treatments are practically surgical in their precision.

Even if it means I have to spend a day every now and then looking like Fabio Cannavaro in the Parma hotel room before the Copa UEFA final...

u gonna withhold what make this is or u gonna share the link for the bottle with us other hydro homies
Shared for your sick, twisted, horrifying pleasure:
https://hidratespark.com/products/hidratespark-pro-24oz-smart-water-bottle

Last edited:

Springyouth

Sep 7, 2023
For the last couple of years, the Christmas time was my retreat: I was going off the grid, switching off my phone, and emails, and focusing on a couple of things that were "constant" during this time:
- playing Yakuza game,
- reading books I was saving up for this moment,
- watching all seasons of "Workaholics".

I don't mind being alone, I always felt so relieved that the whole world was slowing down at the end of the year and so was I. Most of the time I can not ease up as I feel I may miss a work opportunity or that someone is working harder than me.

My Dad died on the 2nd of January 2021 but - even though the memory is very vivid during this time - it didn't make me feel depressed back in '21 and '22. It was a part of life, I guess.

For some reason this year was different. I felt more lonely than alone and couldn't shake off memories of my Dad, especially the last Christmas we spent together: obviously, I never knew THAT Christmas would be our last one.
My "comfort" things didn't feel that much of a comfort. I found myself having trouble focusing on the books and didn't read as much as I had hoped to. STILL, this forum is such a great place to be. I fucking love all these tantrums, name-calling, and everything else. Love you guys.
I had a big problem with drugs ever since Dad died as I couldn't cope with it but got it under control, finally, this year. Yet in December, I did more drugs than I did over the last six months.

What I'm trying to say is that I asked myself: "what are you doing right now?" and I realized that I don't know, I don't care and I don't remember the last time I could answer this question with anything else but "hurting".

xxx

Sorry for the emo post, I guess I had to vent it all out somewhere. Considering the fact how we play this season, the ocean of misery I poured on all of you seems like an integral part of Juve these days.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So that wasn't copypasta? ;)

I kinda like your Christmas retreats. Hey, give me a Workaholics marathon anytime and I'll feel better.

And it's funny how losing a parent can hit you differently over time. I lost my father 8 years ago and my mother just four months ago. But it was my mother's passing that brought forward a lot of stuff about my father that I didn't quite experience the first time around. Strangely, mostly good stuff in appreciation of his life and where he came from... just with the added perspective that both of my parents had passed on.

Glad to hear that, overall, you've been able to ease off your drug dependency to cope with the loss of your father over time. But yeah, a December bender is concerning. But if you're upright and making through it, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for a moment of weakness as long as the overall trajectory is good.

And screw DOING things. Just BE for a while if you can. That has to be good enough.

Hang in there, brother! :rab:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 488)