Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, that's probably because strong engines in big cars are not exactly known for their great fuel economy.

My car is being repaired right now and I'm driving a Fiat 500 for the week lol. But it's insane how much cheaper it is. I feel like I'm driving for free.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
I somehow manage to drive about 20-25,000 km/year while living on our business property. :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
it's all about payments. when you finance things over 8 or 9 years suddenly it's affordable but "just" enough.

lots of people are house poor or car poor. it's image
What’s insane is the number of people I know who have taken on 6+ year financing of trucks at north of 6% lately. Feels like you have to be kinda braindead to jump on a vehicle at that kind of rate for so long.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
About your friend and Instagram: I don't understand that at all, but apparently it does happen.

I just don't get it though. There's always going to be someone who has more money or goes on more exciting trips.

Maybe it's because some of us believe we need to be insanely happy all of the time, while just being content is a great state to be in.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
I don't get it either. I mean, I do, meaning that people on average are batshit insane.

Oh and yeah. I think people easily fall into that Instagram trap. For some reason people still think that seeing somebody on Instagram with cool travel and dinner photos instantly mean that they have a great and happy life :lol2: they don't realize that such photos are literally moments, not 24/7 experience.

But I do believe that people go to therapies quite often because of the Internet/IG influence. I guess people are way too fragile nowadays.

I also think people have less and less patience. Everyone wants things instantly, whether that's money, travels, love, success, weight loss, etc. Nobody wants the marathon and imo majority of those things have no shortcuts.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't get it either. I mean, I do, meaning that people on average are batshit insane.

Oh and yeah. I think people easily fall into that Instagram trap. For some reason people still think that seeing somebody on Instagram with cool travel and dinner photos instantly mean that they have a great and happy life :lol2: they don't realize that such photos are literally moments, not 24/7 experience.

But I do believe that people go to therapies quite often because of the Internet/IG influence. I guess people are way too fragile nowadays.

I also think people have less and less patience. Everyone wants things instantly, whether that's money, travels, love, success, weight loss, etc. Nobody wants the marathon and imo majority of those things have no shortcuts.
alot and i mean a lot of these instagram photos are fake

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-i...ry-of-a-private-jet-for-just-dollar64-an-hour

you can rent a photo shoot of a private plane for 64 per hour.

similarly here in north america there are car rental companies and apps where you can rent luxury cars on it for a few hundred dollars/ couple of thousand

same with renting a air bnb mansion

your friend is setting herself up to failure because lots of those people LIE about their private life.

- - - Updated - - -

it's same with these instagram filters that the "models" use. it's shown to cause damage in development of young women in their teens because they are comparing their bodies to these instagram models that are using crazy video and photo editing tools to fake their "perfect body"

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
alot and i mean a lot of these instagram photos are fake

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-i...ry-of-a-private-jet-for-just-dollar64-an-hour

you can rent a photo shoot of a private plane for 64 per hour.

similarly here in north america there are car rental companies and apps where you can rent luxury cars on it for a few hundred dollars/ couple of thousand

same with renting a air bnb mansion

your friend is setting herself up to failure because lots of those people LIE about their private life.
:lol2: the things people are ready to do for likes... JESUS!

Yeah she's quite fragile so she can't be helped. But hey, let's say those are not fakes. Who the fuck cares? Is that really going to trigger you? Hell, you live a better life than so many people living on this planet and you're crying for a private jet? Give me a break. I really don't know why people can't accept and live a happy life while being on average. There's nothing wrong with that. There are so many rich people who are straight fucked up in their head. But for some reason all of the bad things get ignored and people think they have everything perfect.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:lol2: the things people are ready to do for likes... JESUS!

Yeah she's quite fragile so she can't be helped. But hey, let's say those are not fakes. Who the fuck cares? Is that really going to trigger you? Hell, you live a better life than so many people living on this planet and you're crying for a private jet? Give me a break. I really don't know why people can't accept and live a happy life while being on average. There's nothing wrong with that. There are so many rich people who are straight fucked up in their head. But for some reason all of the bad things get ignored and people think they have everything perfect.
see the thing here is these charlatans and "influencers" are trying to sell you a product: success

so they post their fake bodies created by video and photo editing tools and then try and sell you a fitness course.

they post photos of rented luxury cars and planes and mansions and try and sell you how to get rich courses.

they are selling you a product and it's not just for likes.

if your friend was trying to do this, at least she can claim it as settting a business. but she's doing to keep up appearances. i hope she can see the truth and fix it before she puts herself in deep debt

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Here in Portugal they called in the world's second-oldest dog for questioning.

see the thing here is these charlatans and "influencers" are trying to sell you a product: success

so they post their fake bodies created by video and photo editing tools and then try and sell you a fitness course.

they post photos of rented luxury cars and planes and mansions and try and sell you how to get rich courses.

they are selling you a product and it's not just for likes.

if your friend was trying to do this, at least she can claim it as settting a business. but she's doing to keep up appearances. i hope she can see the truth and fix it before she puts herself in deep debt
Classic ensh*ttification move. Like when the front row at a concert venue stands up, forcing everyone behind them to stand up. And then everyone still winds up with the same crappy view (save for the very front row) but now they're all standing to achieve it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Here in Portugal they called in the world's second-oldest dog for questioning.

Classic ensh*ttification move. Like when the front row at a concert venue stands up, forcing everyone behind them to stand up. And then everyone still winds up with the same crappy view (save for the very front row) but now they're all standing to achieve it.
Unless it's classical or opera, do you want to go to a concert where everyones sitting down? Same with plastic football nowadays, what kind of gay ass shit is that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)