swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't even understand why someone would drop 3-4k on a painting lol.

Then again, my sister and her husband paid 5k for a toilet.
Were they on the Space Shuttle?

Nah, I get the paying a lot for art thing, even if I only pay to support artists to do their work rather than to build castles for their parasite useless children or corporate criminals.

It's a scarcity thing that lasts. They're the original NFTs. It's why pharma bro Martin Shkreli paid $2 million for Wu Tang's "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin".

I don't do it, but the scarcity is the point.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Obviously the latter.

I'd just start charging people money.
I dunno. Other than dick pills, most curable diseases aren't $1 trillion markets.

The global market for infectious disease treatments is at $72.4 billion (source). The market size of all "rare" diseases combined isn't even $200 billion (source).

My vote?: take the money, baby...

Just get Netanyahu and whoever the fuck is Hamas's leader in a cage match, WWE style (without the fixing of course)
PPV. Could buy Palestinians the nation of Bolivia as their new country.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #374,811
    That and the conceptual difference from a billion versus a trillion is minimal. It's hard to comprehend billion on its own. If you made a dollar a second, you will have a million in two weeks. A dollar a second, it takes you 33 years to get a billion. Think about a trillion.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I dunno. Other than dick pills, most curable diseases aren't $1 trillion markets.
    It said every disease.

And I am the market. I decide.

- - - Updated - - -

Take your family hostage and threaten to kill them?

Way too easy to become a target if the public finds out about your power. Gimme the money.
    That is going to convince me to cure them?

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #374,815
    I would build some South African style commune with a hospital attached. Private airfield, the works. Bomb proof, extremely secure, I decide who comes in and out, you have to come to me to get cured.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you cure them? Is it a 5 second thing where you wave your hand and that's it?
    Ideally, it would be after payment.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It said every disease.

And I am the market. I decide.
    Good point. But the trouble with that is market forces. Stupid crap like this story:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiec...n-to-multi-quadrillion-dollar-asteroid-is-go/

It presumes that if you flood the market with an asteroid-sized glut of minerals, their market value won't plummet.

Similarly, if you have the ability to do that and are worth more than $1 trillion, market forces probably means some despot with a paramilitary army will kidnap your ass Brazil style, attach electrodes to your nutsack, and make you cure people at their will for their profit.

At least if you start with $1 trillion in hand you can hire a security detail to prevent it from getting that far.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Good point. But the trouble with that is market forces. Stupid crap like this story:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiec...n-to-multi-quadrillion-dollar-asteroid-is-go/

It presumes that if you flood the market with an asteroid-sized glut of minerals, their market value won't plummet.

Similarly, if you have the ability to do that and are worth more than $1 trillion, market forces probably means some despot with a paramilitary army will kidnap your ass Brazil style, attach electrodes to your nutsack, and make you cure people at their will for their profit.

At least if you start with $1 trillion in hand you can hire a security detail to prevent it from getting that far.
    that’s why you go on shark tank, make a deal with one of the sharks so they invest in proper security for a portion of the profits and boom. Profits!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    that’s why you go on shark tank, make a deal with one of the sharks so they invest in proper security for a portion of the profits and boom. Profits!
    Except Shark Tank is to investing what Judge Joe Brown is to jurisprudence.

It's an entertainment TV show designed to sell advertising to eyeballs. It has fook all to do with making rational business investment decisions.

I wouldn't trust the paper that clown car of investors would print the checks on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 641)