Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
These videos were shot in the region where I grew up, ~100 miles as the crow flies (which is practically next door in Alaska terms)

Is he reasonably well known in your area? Have you visited his cabin or that part much? If you like nature. Any time I see Alaska nature it reminds me so much of northern Sweden (I'm in central sweden), except more untouched.

- - - Updated - - -

Importer exporter

Lol you nerds, I watched the 2nd episode today, exactly that scene.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #370,109
    Hey you said you were getting a new job right? How's that going? Can you share the general industry it's in? Purely out of curiosity, and feel free to DM me if that's better
    Yea, sure. I'm a Financial Manager for an online software/marketing company which primarily works in the self-storage industry. It's much more complicated than I would have initially thought. They do all of their marketing, production, software engineering and hosting in-house.

- - - Updated - - -

Is he reasonably well known in your area? Have you visited his cabin or that part much? If you like nature. Any time I see Alaska nature it reminds me so much of northern Sweden (I'm in central sweden), except more untouched.

- - - Updated - - -
    Asking that about Alaska is like asking a house cat if it likes Ohio more than South Carolina. There is no comparison. Most areas of Alaska are measured in hours of bush flight time.

- - - Updated - - -

These are two "big cities" in Alaska.

1673318414977.png

Last edited:

alaska

May 25, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you nerds, I watched the 2nd episode today, exactly that scene.
    Nah I've never been there, it's quite remote and I'm not much of an outdoorsman. I expect others have heard of him, but I hadn't until you posted and I read his Wikipedia page. Sounds like a very interesting guy. Alaska attracts people like him. Not all of them make it out alive (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McCandless)

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, sure. I'm a Financial Manager for an online software/marketing company which primarily works in the self-storage industry. It's much more complicated than I would have initially thought. They do all of their marketing, production, software engineering and hosting in-house.

- - - Updated - - -

Asking that about Alaska is like asking a house cat if it likes Ohio more than South Carolina. There is no comparison. Most areas of Alaska are measured in hours of bush flight time.

- - - Updated - - -

These are two "big cities" in Alaska.

1673318414977.png

Cheers brother, hope it works out for you.

Yeah the "big" cities are Anchorage (population 288K) and Fairbanks and Juneau (~32K each). Probably a bit more if you count the people out in the hills in the surrounding areas.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Yeah I know Alaska is huge and barely populated Burke lol. Just gauging how famous or close that ingenious hermit was.

Also that wiki clip is kinda why I am somewhat fascinated by Alaskas nature. Because I liked the film they based on his life, into the wild. Emile Hirsch was fantastic in that role. Weirdly havent seen him act since that movie.

And yeah he clearly was unprepared for and underestimated the Alaskan wilderness.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    No, honest, I could see that becoming very complex.

TBH, I think you're in a bit of a sweet spot. Take the gaping hole of meaning and purpose in American souls, fill it with regrettable Instagram impulse buys made while crying on the toilet late at night during COVID lockdowns, and build a business model to keep nurturing that retail therapy while the economy goes fins up in the tank. Slice and dice for maximum arbitrage.

Dude, you are sitting not only on a gold mine, but fertile ground for consumer psy-ops.

You don't know Jack, IKEA dick!
    Ya know they pronounce that "Eee-KEH-Yah,” and not “AYE-kee-yah" here in Youreup.

Metro-Polysexual.
    I'm inta metro-polycules ... SBF got nothing on that. He was too busy trying to emulate his island sex dungeon like Jeff Epstein. All he needed was the Lolita Express.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)