OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #367,881
    People who treat their pets as some sort of human make me SICK!

- - - Updated - - -

That’s what I’ve always thought. Born between 80-85 should be considered Gen X too. Not much in common with millennials if you were born in that period.
    I'm 85, I grew up without the Internet and cell phones. I was still skateboarding and rollerblading in the 90s.

- - - Updated - - -

I get your point but we all treat people differently based upon looks especially if we are attracted to them

No
    I only treat people differently based on weight, velocity, and kinetic energy.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Someone asked a pretty interesting question, who in your opinion is the better masculine ideal:

A. Achilles
    B. Hector

Imo B. Hector. Achilles ability was godlike and God given, primal force of nature. Didnt work for any of it. And was just driven by his honor, glory, fame and his own name, his own arrogance even got his friends like Patrocolus killed. He didn't consider anything but to be known as the most famous warrior. Could be considerate at times, but overall pompous and selfish.

While Hector tho lacking the godlike natural abilities, was supremely skilled warrior and worked for that self improvement. And he ruthlessly excelled at it to protect his army, family, community etc. His own prowess was just a mean to that goal, protection, didnt see any glory in it. Even when he was schooling Ajax the giant and making mince meat of Greek fleets/ships, holding off the greeks almost by his lonesome etc.

Despite being some complexity, Homer really made it clear Hector was the unsung hero of the story, while Achilles was the worshipped one but really flawed.

For masculinity, both are masculine as fvck, but Hector is much more ideal imo. Almost equal warrior, much better leader at all facets (wasnt just better warrior but smarter then the opponents except Odysseus), selfless, much more honourable.

Achilles is a cautionary tale.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Someone asked a pretty interesting question, who in your opinion is the better masculine ideal:

A. Achilles
    B. Hector
    Achilles was a gaylord without a sense of duty who ran around in fancy dresses. He was powerful but it wasn't his achievement

Hector was a family man who defended his city fino alla fine and also killed bitchboy Achilles' boyfriend

I pick Hector

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1255)