Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I have just started looking into molecular anthropology, but i have to say anything remotely interesting to my amateur eye seems to be espoused by maligned fringe researchers

Was an interesting read for sure. :tup:

A problem with any science or field of study is that the drawing of conclusions is left to stupid people. Also it's why many times fringe researchers are maligned, because of the possible conclusion or implications of their study, not on its merit necessarily.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
https://news.sky.com/story/im-going...to-holocaust-joke-controversy-at-gig-12535231

Anyone else think this is ridiculous and absurd?

I mean am i missing something here? Is Jimmy Carr not a comedian telling jokes? He's not getting up on the stage outlining a political manifesto.
try not to laugh here:

...or the first 50 seconds here:

they joke about nazis, and i'm laughing my ass off. (and on that note, rip sean lock :heart: probably the best panel show member ever.)

i'd nuke the modern left for their obsession with their so called political correctness. i want the good old liberalism back without all the woke elements. if you don't have any sense of humour just don't watch comedy, easy.

as for carr himself, he's offensive, oh yeah, that's his m.o., good morning twitter. cry me a river about it. forza jimmy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
try not to laugh here:

they joke about nazis, and i'm laughing my ass off. (and on that note, rip sean lock :heart: probably the best panel show member ever.)

i'd nuke the modern left for their obsession with their so called political correctness. i want the good old liberalism back without all the woke elements. if you don't have any sense of humour just don't watch comedy, easy.

as for carr himself, he's offensive, oh yeah, that's his m.o., good morning twitter. cry me a river about it. forza jimmy.
that is quality tv for you :lol:

Its sad that most probably going forward we aren't going to get this kind of comedy. Which is sad. I mean i understand people will always get offended by certain stuff. But then just don't watch it.

RIP Sean Lock!
Forza Jimmy Carr, he's coming to NL later this year, and I'm spending my money watching him

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Jimmy Carr has pissed off a lot of people with a joke about the Holocaust and gypsies on his Netflix show. Makes me want to watch it more. Do people not understand the concept of dark humour?

I remember on US tv where he made a joke to Pete Davidson about his dad dying in 9/11 - Pete just got him back with something just as bad. There will be no place for this sort of humour at all in the very near future. It will all be sterile and good natured.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
https://news.sky.com/story/im-going...to-holocaust-joke-controversy-at-gig-12535231

Anyone else think this is ridiculous and absurd?

I mean am i missing something here? Is Jimmy Carr not a comedian telling jokes? He's not getting up on the stage outlining a political manifesto.
I liked the joke. If I was a gypsy, probably not so much. But that doesn't mean because I laugh at the joke I am going to start exterminating roma.

But this would have been a Don Rickles classic. I miss that guy.

try not to laugh here:

I don't like these as much. Nazi humor doesn't do it for me nearly as strongly I guess. It's a watered down version of what you would normally get out of a game of Cards Against Humanity.

Give me abortions, give me cannibalism, give me something shocking. Comedy loses it with the common tropes like "oooh, Nazis, let's all get uncomfortable now", which is a touch on the lazy side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 267)