Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I went on some lectures about Dostoevsky and there was some grandma... man! She was breathing so loudly I was so fucking annoyed. Then in like 5 minutes I saw her sleeping LITERALLY for the entire lecture. I was thinking if a loud applause would give her a hearth attack but it went fine.
Literary speakers have always been a joke to me. most of them are old and say funny things.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Literary speakers have always been a joke to me. most of them are old and say funny things.
Not sure what you mean.

Usually it's the biggest experts in the field giving lectures over here. So I can't agree with that. Them being old is them having experience that I don't have anywhere near them. Plus I never heard them joke about stuff, they are always dead serious.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Not sure what you mean.

Usually it's the biggest experts in the field giving lectures over here. So I can't agree with that. Them being old is them having experience that I don't have anywhere near them. Plus I never heard them joke about stuff, they are always dead serious.
I would rather read abooks and novels and do research myself than listen to a literary lecture. They express their perceptions and think know everything
and using Very technical terms beyond the comprehension of an ordinary person like me.
the only speaker that i truly enjoyed his speech was Junot Diaz. inspirational and encoraging and I got respect for him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I would rather read abooks and novels and do research myself than listen to a literary lecture. They express their perceptions and think know everything
and using Very technical terms beyond the comprehension of an ordinary person like me.
the only speaker that i truly enjoyed his speech was Junot Diaz. inspirational and encoraging and I got respect for him.
A regular person can only do as much. However, those lectures go beyond a mere mortal researcher could do as they use sources from Russian literature which are barely translated and they go into details that are way beyond my reach of finding. They dedicated their life studying that and they are presenting their knowledge in only an hour. If I were to find so many details I'd need 30 different books, native Russian and possible a couple of years of studying. Or I could just go and listen for an hour. Surely, that guy has knowledge that surpasses that 1 hour of lecture, but it's only beneficial to gather such knowledge being thrown by highest intellectuals in the field.

But sure, it's totally fine if you don't like and don't enjoy it. To each his own.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I'm going to take some courses from online platforms and i also want to book some English lessons. but the problem is that I need a bank account to book and purchase item and anything from Online stores and Business platforms. Due to current political situation in Iran and restrictions, I have to open a bank account indirectly through a vendor. I'm confused about different electronic payments media and cards. Which one is better, Visa, MasterCard and Paypal? Considering the limitations I face as an Iranian.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm going to take some courses from online platforms and i also want to book some English lessons. but the problem is that I need a bank account to book and purchase item and anything from Online stores and Business platforms. Due to current political situation in Iran and restrictions, I have to open a bank account indirectly through a vendor. I'm confused about different electronic payments media and cards. Which one is better, Visa, MasterCard and Paypal? Considering the limitations I face as an Iranian.
Visa is most universally accepted. But they’re also the first to get pinched if there are government restrictions on content, origins, etc. They are also losing customers to Mastercard lately because of fees.

PayPal isn’t a bad option because you can back the account with a number of funding options: debit cards, credit cards, bank accounts, etc. But not everyone accepts it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 757)