swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Has anyone ever been to the Willamette Valley in Oregon? That might be my next wine trip for some more Pinot action.
Of course. :D

My experience is a little dated (2015). I had some good experiences at Penner-Ash, Domain Drouhin Oregon of course is a good Eurotrash stop, Cristom was pricey but nice. I am a fan of Ken Wright in general, but the tasting experience was OK.

I have a few notes, but not too much committed to memory. Stayed in Portland mainly.

:lol:

Now I can't even blame you for the hamster who is running the servers.

Listening to it right now. Had no idea where it was going until I heard that last name and remembered it from the news. Fucked up.

related :
I say sick crap all the time, so his Amazon reviews I see as funny... until the guy backs them up. :scared:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course. :D

My experience is a little dated (2015). I had some good experiences at Penner-Ash, Domain Drouhin Oregon of course is a good Eurotrash stop, Cristom was pricey but nice. I am a fan of Ken Wright in general, but the tasting experience was OK.

I have a few notes, but not too much committed to memory. Stayed in Portland mainly.

:lol:

Now I can't even blame you for the hamster who is running the servers.

I say sick crap all the time, so his Amazon reviews I see as funny... until the guy backs them up. :scared:
I was going to ask, can you stay in Portland and still make day trips to some good spots? Seems like a pretty big area with many towns to stay in, not sure if it makes sense to make a home base a la Buellton. But could be wrong.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I was going to ask, can you stay in Portland and still make day trips to some good spots? Seems like a pretty big area with many towns to stay in, not sure if it makes sense to make a home base a la Buellton. But could be wrong.
Yeah, I stayed in Portland for it. It worked out fine. It's trickier if you want to go further out, and there's always the sipping-wine and driving issues to manage. So if you're just interested in a few places and being tactical, staying in Portland should work.

But if you're more in explore mode -- and want to spend less time dodging antifa, skinheads, and mace -- you might want to set more of a home base out in the valley. There's good places to eat there as well. I hear Carlton is well-suited for that...
161107-sc-killer-amazon-review-mbe-445p_8.jpg

without context, it sounds like a troll at first sight
Is his neighbor Rand Paul?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
you can drive the entire Oregon coast in about 6 hours. You’re good. I really like the light houses and the fact that every 30 minutes. Inland is even easier with interstate 5. Mt Hood is pretty close and the goonie house in Astoria is still standing if you’re into that stuff. If you’re doing an overnight on the coast, I like Florence or Coos Bay. There are tons of mom and pop places to stay as well as more typical chains. I really liked abandon when I stayed there in May but that may be a little too far south. But yeah, there’s tons of places to stay and don’t try to pump your own gas.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I was hoping for a review that said, "Tastes like her hoochie".

you can drive the entire Oregon coast in about 6 hours. You’re good. I really like the light houses and the fact that every 30 minutes. Inland is even easier with interstate 5. Mt Hood is pretty close and the goonie house in Astoria is still standing if you’re into that stuff. If you’re doing an overnight on the coast, I like Florence or Coos Bay. There are tons of mom and pop places to stay as well as more typical chains. I really liked abandon when I stayed there in May but that may be a little too far south. But yeah, there’s tons of places to stay and don’t try to pump your own gas.
Yeah, pumping your own gas is illegal. And you can get pretty much anything you want at a Freddys (Fred Meyer).

And decades before they did crap like the Museum of Ice Cream for Instagram whores, there are places like the Rimsky-Korsakoffee House.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I helped HR in our company set up training academy stuff for new employers or just general staff's job training in various sections. 9 different and seperate online and on venues training courses. I helped them with it early last year, and every one of the 20 000 employees in this global company does these courses.

Long story short, for a laugh after late afterwork drinks with some HR people back then, talking about sketch comedy, and I suggested they use this video as example for bad service (a specific course for entry level staff), I was somewhat drunk and they were laughing their ass off (at the dance at the end).

Cue a year and half later, and I'm speed doing these courses online (its kinda silly to do it when you helped set them up? Bureacracy makes no sense), and I had to pause and laugh my ass off, when I see they actually included the video in the course :lol:

Now for sure next time I'm at work, someone will quote to me ""...but he got two strikes, so don't get his order wrong, ayyyy." :sergio: :D

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oregon coast is stunning. Up north Oswald West State Park on the Tillamook coast is a great spot to visit. Smuggler’s cove for surfing.

Little towns like Florence are really nice and eclectic. Seaside would be the town if you want a little fancier dining options and wine tasting or at least that was the case last time I went through several years ago. Best surf spot on the Oregon coast perhaps but most aggro hostile local crowd too.

Always been a big fan of the Three Capes area, some great surf spots in and around there (Pacific City is the big one, but the hike in spot on the south side of Cape Lookout is amazing, super nice hike out to the end of the Cape too, can see whales passing by at certain times of year too), beautiful scenery.

Just south of there Neskowin Head and Hart’s Cove is a stunning little hike.

South coast, Bandon - Brookings is super lovely. Both Bandon and Port Orford are lovely little towns. Some good surfing again and beautiful little hikes to be had. The natural land bridges over the sea at Samuel H Boardman Park is a must see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 722)