Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
@swag Santa Ynez valley is pretty damn cool, already one of my favorite areas of CA because of the microclimates. I absolutely loved Melville wines and we’re going to Brander and a couple others today. Haven’t tried Sea Smoke yet but the word on the street is it’s really gone down hill the last several years.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
@swag Santa Ynez valley is pretty damn cool, already one of my favorite areas of CA because of the microclimates. I absolutely loved Melville wines and we’re going to Brander and a couple others today. Haven’t tried Sea Smoke yet but the word on the street is it’s really gone down hill the last several years.
Yeah, the weird part are those valleys that run perpendicular to the ocean ... you can't find terrain like that quite anywhere else in Cali.

Melville is great... glad you enjoyed them. (I am envious. :D )

Yeah, Sea Smoke was once a baller, but then they grew and doubled their land in a massive purchase around the time I stopped my membership and moved here. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Yet you never know. There's a weird social tendency around small, good wineries as there is about pet independent rappers and musicians. There's a tendency to yell "sell out" and say they are no longer as good once they got more popular. But there are exceptions, like Williams-Selyem ... which I sometimes call Williams-Swill-yams to mock the haters. They put out some amazing single vineyard stuff well after people said they were past it and too corporate.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
Sounds like my 20s.

I'm sick and tired of these monkeyfightin snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.
Best sanitized dub evah. :sheik:

Wingtips not shiny enough my prince?
Wingtips? Allbirds, bro.

Machine learning is a huge problem
I hear you. I've played hours and hours of instructional YouTube videos for my espresso machine, and it still made shit coffee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 206)