X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If you can sustain this WFH thing, you should ask for it to be permanent and move your ass to Montana, 1200 will last you a couple of months there.
My employer is a necessary business and i can work remote so i dont need government checks or to live in the woods. Love Montana but no fucking way do i want to live permanently there.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Arent they raising it to 2000 dollars and talking about making it monthly? How in the hell are they gonna afford it lol, and is Andrew Yang gonna sue them for stealing his idea lol.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Arent they raising it to 2000 dollars and talking about making it monthly? How in the hell are they gonna afford it lol, and is Andrew Yang gonna sue them for stealing his idea lol.
The only way they can raise it is if they mortgage off parts of the actual company to China

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of Canada
That’s us, yeah. But I believe democrats in the house are proposing it for you too. Doubt it passes the senate though. They gonna call it outright communism.

Is it all federal, the aid there? Or do states offer something too?

Here, the federal government gives up to $2000 (or 55% of your working wage if less) without restrictions usually placed on it like certain amount of work hours to qualify, two week waiting period after last day of work, etc. But the provincial government here in B.C. is also offering $500/ month income + $500/month rent assistance I believe. So one could possibly end up with $3000/mth which is crazy.

I’m still working full-time, myself. But unemployment getting pretty high in Canada, and some essential service businesses like grocery stores Have had to raise wages to find enough workers (government helping with this too)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That’s us, yeah. But I believe democrats in the house are proposing it for you too. Doubt it passes the senate though. They gonna call it outright communism.

Is it all federal, the aid there? Or do states offer something too?

Here, the federal government gives up to $2000 (or 55% of your working wage if less) without restrictions usually placed on it like certain amount of work hours to qualify, two week waiting period after last day of work, etc. But the provincial government here in B.C. is also offering $500/ month income + $500/month rent assistance I believe. So one could possibly end up with $3000/mth which is crazy.

I’m still working full-time, myself. But unemployment getting pretty high in Canada, and some essential service businesses like grocery stores Have had to raise wages to find enough workers (government helping with this too)
states do unemployment as well but most are out or running out of money, some of the west coast states able to do a lot, but most of the east coast states are spending money on medical stuff

I’m still working full time but our first us workers were laid off in Kansas City. Fortunately Utah hasn’t locked down as hard as other places.

one big point of contention for gop types is paying people more aid than they would get from unemployment or their normal job, cause you know they don’t deserve it. We’ve put most of our concentration of having too much rather than just taking care of people going through unprecedented timee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)