Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
25% of the way there in under an hour. :weee:
This is so fucking insane. I'm literally shaking like I have epilepsy.

Just added a little for my sweet Dusan
Thank you so much!

It's like... omg :dule:

You deserve it. It's fucking awesome that you wrote a novel. That you found the passion and drive to stick with it until it was done. :delpiero:

:dule:
Thank you sooo much! It means so much to me. You are literally and 100% making my dream come true. Thank you!

Currently selling some old lenses on ebay, whatever comes out if it, i'll reserve €30 or so for Dusan :p
:heart: thanksssss!

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Good point. Not once (me a vegan lol) but i am surrounded by folks going on about unsustainibility of beef etc and these meat alternatives are popping up all over the place.

It seems like a very string trend but yea i live in a part of countrt that is not representative.
I mean I'd invest too if I could, why not take the risk for the aforementioned reasons? I do think that's a direction that society will eventually go in, but if it doesn't taste very good, maybe wait for the next one :p

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I need to take my bucket to Asia as well.
Any true bucket list needs to involve the use of a bucket. Preferably with a Thai ladyboy in your lap.

yes but speaking of burgers I am considering investing in Beyond Meat when it goes public soon. thoughts?
Fake meat is to vegetarianism what child sex dolls are to preventing pedophilia.

I get that there's a segment of people who think the only way to wean people off meat is to fake it until you make it. That essentially makes it the nicotine gum of global butchery.

But vegan food has a lot to offer that doesn't require you to make fake food out of it. That's like a pescatarian molding crab meat to make fake pork chops. The concept is a bit too bizarre for me.

Just over a month and I'm getting married. :scared:
Does she know yet?

This is so fucking insane. I'm literally shaking like I have epilepsy.
Sorry to make you stutter, homie. :heart: Just make sure you give out the good stuff to your Tuz backers. ;)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sorry to make you stutter, homie. :heart: Just make sure you give out the good stuff to your Tuz backers. ;)
It's a weird and a wonderful feeling. Not many people would have done it that I know personally, let alone people who never met me. It's really crazy. When I first came here and signed up I was a total moron who got banned. Then years passed by, new account was made and I met some great people who I gladly follow here/Instagram/Facebook. Years passed by, I changed, I wrote a book and now those people support me by offering money in order to help me publish this book. It's just insane and lovely at the same time. Might be good, might be bad, but I sure as hell gave my best in order to make it good. I have a huge desire to write more and I surely will write more stuff. This was/is a huge motivation for me. Considering the amount already collected (I can't even thank everyone enough) it's such a huge, huge help that I can't even describe. Not only finding a job here is nuts but saving money is even harder. Despite all shit around I'm a happy person, firstly to be healthy and then to have such great folks around me. I think the best is yet to come, surely, as I plan to win some awards and get known eventually. Might fuck up in the meantime but I sure as hell won't fucking give up. I'll do my best to make the world better, at least through words and paper.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It's a weird and a wonderful feeling. Not many people would have done it that I know personally, let alone people who never met me. It's really crazy. When I first came here and signed up I was a total moron who got banned. Then years passed by, new account was made and I met some great people who I gladly follow here/Instagram/Facebook. Years passed by, I changed, I wrote a book and now those people support me by offering money in order to help me publish this book. It's just insane and lovely at the same time. Might be good, might be bad, but I sure as hell gave my best in order to make it good. I have a huge desire to write more and I surely will write more stuff. This was/is a huge motivation for me. Considering the amount already collected (I can't even thank everyone enough) it's such a huge, huge help that I can't even describe. Not only finding a job here is nuts but saving money is even harder. Despite all shit around I'm a happy person, firstly to be healthy and then to have such great folks around me. I think the best is yet to come, surely, as I plan to win some awards and get known eventually. Might fuck up in the meantime but I sure as hell won't fucking give up. I'll do my best to make the world better, at least through words and paper.
:lol: :tup:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
https://igg.me/at/0PDc9LgLFuA/x/20708529

Now it's time to contribute and share this link whereever you want to get @Dostoevsky s book published!

@GordoDeCentral

@icemaη maybe some advises to improve the campeign?

Already 30 Euros :p
Looks good :tup:
@Dostoevsky, I think it'd be a good touch to send an ebook (.epub, .mobi or pdf) to every contributor with the promise of sending a translated english version as and when it's available. If you are okay with that @Wittl can update the campaign with that info. You should also consider sharing the link on your Facebook page (unless you are hiding it from family/friends)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Looks good :tup:
@Dostoevsky, I think it'd be a good touch to send an ebook (.epub, .mobi or pdf) to every contributor with the promise of sending a translated english version as and when it's available. If you are okay with that @Wittl can update the campaign with that info. You should also consider sharing the link on your Facebook page (unless you are hiding it from family/friends)
Ebook sounds fine by me. I could do that. It would be in Serbian, though. I'm not sure I can guarantee a translated version. It would be the smallest problem in the future IF it happens and I would gladly do that. However translating this pretty big book would cost around 1500-2000e. I simply can't lie and as everyone can notice it's hard to collect such amount. I'd give a whole lot more to those who help me out and support me but... it's hard to guarantee anything at this point.

I wouldn't share the page yet. Simply because majority of people don't know I'm writing (even my family). I'd like to surprise my family with it when it happens, especially my mom. My friends already gave me 300e which was a huge deal for me. I don't expect anything from others nor I can ask. TBH even 10-15e is huge for me to count for the book as I could pay a part of proofreading or a part of cover design. But that's still 1 day salary here. Some of my buddies don't even work so it's impossible for them.

But this is crazy really. So far 287 euros. Some guys really gave big and I really appreciate that. Means a whole world to me. Even if it ends up at 50% I'm the happiest guy on Earth. Literally every single euro there is saving my ass. My job is very unpredictable at this point so I'm gonna save my whole wage. I'm not gonna eat next month lol.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I have to wait until I get paid first.

- - - Updated - - -

@Kyle

https://www.eater.com/2019/4/29/185...impossible-foods-expansion-restaurants-demand

"Rather than completely remove the vegetarian burger option from Ruby’s two New York City locations, Sykes replaced Impossible’s fake meat with a version from its competitor Beyond Meat. But Ruby’s customers weren’t into the switch. 'A number of people' came to order an Impossible Burger, Sykes says. When informed of the Beyond Meat replacement, they turned around and left. "

Take from that what you will, but it could still be a decent investment. I'm sure there's something to be said to being first too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 452)