swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Technology. :D

We're basically selling TVs, phones, laptops/desktops and other following equipment related to it. But pretty expensive stuff since I'm literally at the best location in the city. So far I'm doing a pretty solid job with PCs and TVs. I'm still learning stuff but I'm pretty satisfied with the level of knowledge accumulated for these 20 days. And to a more positive note, ever since I found this job I get calls and whispers about a better job coming my way even without me asking. So I have 2 options lined up and waiting for potential opener which would lead to a much better job and something (my) field related.
Dude, you'll be killing it in no time. Marotta is gonna come to you to help fund a Gotze transfer.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not to mention the debt accumulated after years of student loans and zero income
I think most PhD students don't actually pay tuition fees for the PhD. I know quite a lot of PhD holders, and none of them actually paid tuition. Most of them would be working with their PhD supervisor on a research project in which the supervisor already has a grant, part of the grant money goes towards teaching/research assistants. It just does not represent value for money whatsoever if you were to actually pay for your PhD.

Still, after 3-4 grueling years, you're stuck in a profession that does not pay that highly. Some find it to be a fulfilling job, for me, it does not represent value for the time and effort I have to put in :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Varies dramitically between disciplines imo, as well as countries probably.

But concerning the "purely academic" ones (history for example), faculty positions are extremely rare. Most people have to work on a project-to-project basis, with each of them lasting anywhere from a few months to a couple of years, and with some time of unemployment in between more often than not.

- - - Updated - - -

Not if you live in a communist state with zero tuition.
Ya, it's different here, there's no such thing as tenure in the vast majority of universities. Also, most universities don't have PhD programs, so faculty are stuck with heavy teaching loads and no research and/or teaching assistants to help them do the "dirty work". The upside is though, faculty here are compensated quite handsomely.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a long ass meeting in a couple of minutes where I'm going to be doing most of the talking, and I'm here browsing Tuz and reading transfer market news :sergio:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
"and let me redistribute it so it has the highest possible benefit for the vast majority, including you"

"here, take it"

"thanks, here's healthcare and potentially 7 years of university studies with a scholarship that you don't have to return"
"What if I want a boat?"

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=8033" target="_blank">Red</a> are you at St. Andrews? Who are you following?
Followed Mickelson in the morning and then Spieth/Day in the afternoon.

Mickelson was going very strongly (-6 after 16) only to go and do this:

He made 7 and that finished him.

@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=8033" target="_blank">Red</a> Heartbreaking last 2 holes for Spieth and Day.

I'm assuming you saw it live.
Yeah, was hoping at least one of them would at least get into the playoff.

When Spieth holed his long birdie putt on 16 to tie the lead, I really thought he would go on to win.

His ball striking was very impressive all day, but his putting wasn't up to his usual standard (see his 4-putt on the 8th).

Day was more wayward, but scrambled well to hold his score together.

@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=8033" target="_blank">Red</a> ZJ has this in the bag now. Louie put up a good fight though.
Once it went to the playoff, I expected Johnson to win. The 1st and 18th holes are all about your wedge shot to the green and that is also the key aspect on the 2nd. Hitting wedge shots close is what Johnson has based his whole career on.

Pictures are of Johnson (making a mess of) pitching over the Road Hole bunker in the playoff and my view of the 18th green for the playoff.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 775)