swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lol just read that new research shows plants know when they're being eaten and they don't like it :seven:
Told you that all those vegans were really just savages into torturing innocent plants. :agree:

Does anyone else hold their shit in as long as they can before they run to the bathroom like I do?
I try not to, to be honest. You make a habit of that, next thing you know you're seeing Claudio's Dr. Asshole.

I think @swag would be the expert in these sort of discussions.
I'm happy to see my expertise shows. :touched:

Just applied for some jobs.
Me too. Yeah, 3+ years at this joint, and I gotta make a change. The future is looking far better outside of this gig than sticking with it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Me too. Yeah, 3+ years at this joint, and I gotta make a change. The future is looking far better outside of this gig than sticking with it.
Hey, at least you have choices... :D

Dry season here. One month ago I had an interview after long 8-9 months. :p And ever since I found no new jobs. Nobody even calls lol. I just applied for some salesman position since there's no point chasing economics, as there's none (or there is, but they either want 5 year experience + or they just... never call).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You'd think. I've stayed with a company 11 years not long ago. But a lot of these small companies are much less stable financially, and all it takes is a bad set of factors and you're doing pretty crummy work with the expectation that your ass will be laid off unless things improve soon.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hey, at least you have choices... :D

Dry season here. One month ago I had an interview after long 8-9 months. :p And ever since I found no new jobs. Nobody even calls lol. I just applied for some salesman position since there's no point chasing economics, as there's none (or there is, but they either want 5 year experience + or they just... never call).
Dude, I think about you. You are in like the Sparta of unemployment. I've always felt that half the challenge of being out of work is finding things to keep you engaged and motivated despite either the lack of activity or the constant "no"s. You, sir, have earned warrior status in that regard. :tup:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You'd think. I've stayed with a company 11 years not long ago. But a lot of these small companies are much less stable financially, and all it takes is a bad set of factors and you're doing pretty crummy work with the expectation that your ass will be laid off unless things improve soon.
I hear that. No one likes to go down with the ship. Not even the Captain.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hear that. No one likes to go down with the ship. Not even the Captain.
Or even this much of a litmus test: would I share what I'm supposed to do at my company over the next 6 months in an interview with my next employer? When the answer is, "No, because I don't want to be doing that at another company either", it's time to gtfo.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dude, I think about you. You are in like the Sparta of unemployment. I've always felt that half the challenge of being out of work is finding things to keep you engaged and motivated despite either the lack of activity or the constant "no"s. You, sir, have earned warrior status in that regard. :tup:
Or just a loser. ;)

It's a country of ignorance and arrogance. Even after waiting so much for basically anything when I get an interview they are just sitting in their comfy chair while kicking the edge of the table with their Armani shoes just to unstick their balls from their thigh and go like 'hmm, so you didn't find a job since you graduated more than a year ago... care to explain why'. It's one of those situations where you plan if a suicide is the way to go or not.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Or just a loser. ;)

It's a country of ignorance and arrogance. Even after waiting so much for basically anything when I get an interview they are just sitting in their comfy chair while kicking the edge of the table with their Armani shoes just to unstick their balls from their thigh and go like 'hmm, so you didn't find a job since you graduated more than a year ago... care to explain why'. It's one of those situations where you plan if a suicide is the way to go or not.
It's the same here. It took me a while to find a job after I graduated. At first it was because I didn't have enough experience for them (but how do you get experience if no one will hire you?) and then it became "why have you been out of school for this long and still aren't working". I did do some direct sales crap for a year and nobody seemed to recognize it as a real job, and it was always awkward when they asked for details (nothing illegal, just controversial to some people).

Hope it works out for you.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Or just a loser. ;)

Keep trucking Dusan :tup: Hopefully we'll see soem growth and development in the Balkans soon and then your expertise will be in high regard.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's the same here. It took me a while to find a job after I graduated. At first it was because I didn't have enough experience for them (but how do you get experience if no one will hire you?) and then it became "why have you been out of school for this long and still aren't working". I did do some direct sales crap for a year and nobody seemed to recognize it as a real job, and it was always awkward when they asked for details (nothing illegal, just controversial to some people).

Hope it works out for you.
controversial how?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hey, strippers are people too. ;)

@swag I landed an apt in SF. I'll be moving out there in a month or so
Awesome. You'll have to PM which 'hood and we shall get together for matches a little more easily, etc. :tup:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lots of new living space down there and plenty of amenities in walking distance. If I wasn't set up with a home and being an older fart, I'd totally do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 914)