Raz

Nov 20, 2005
In India I think it's sitting in a dark room in a basement with bad lighting and a sweaty dude at a table covered with your 40 million rupees. ;)
I had a job offer in the streets of kathmandu from an indian jeweler to smuggle jewels to europe, he offered me 5000-10000 euro for one delivery :D Needless to say, i laughed out loud in my head when he made the offer.

No connections, no interview, no nothing. Guess when you're white and stupid you can get a job easy in that part of the world :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I had a job offer in the streets of kathmandu from an indian jeweler to smuggle jewels to europe, he offered me 5000-10000 euro for one delivery :D Needless to say, i laughed out loud in my head when he made the offer.

No connections, no interview, no nothing. Guess when you're white and stupid you can get a job easy in that part of the world :D
Were you wearing your Hunter S Thompson costume at the time?

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Take it man, everything you describe sounds like you should except the part about knowing everyone at the job place, being hesistant due to that (depends on how much you value that, if the job is not improvement enough career wise, I would stay where I enjoy being). But all of what you said leads to you should take it.

In a similar sitaution, like my co-workers/inviroment (quite fun :D), close to home/friends, but job wise its pretty identical to what you describe, being given more responsbility without getting paid for it, no prospects (or there is, but one that would bore me to tears). Only job offers I got is from the same company, promotion, but it involves moving overseas, no thanks.
:agree:, I spoke to some of my colleagues today and they all said the same, going to hand in my notice tomorrow and accept the new job :weee:

Just curious, how does searching for a new job work where you guys live?
I search online, theres loads of specific job sites here. I found this job on a university jobs website, but i also look on charity jobs and comms jobs etc. signing up for newslists is helpful - I specified locations, pay levels etc. so the right jobs came my way.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I have what I assume is food poisoning. I've had it for the last few hours . it's 5am here. The full works, thrown up twice and butt explosions as well. I was meant to go out tonight. I want to. But I dont know if I should.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I have what I assume is food poisoning. I've had it for the last few hours . it's 5am here. The full works, thrown up twice and butt explosions as well. I was meant to go out tonight. I want to. But I dont know if I should.
Best thing to do. Go to your doctor and get an injection of stemitil. Get yourself some Gastrolyte and eat ice blocks all day. Will rehydrate you. I've been hit by bad food poisoning twice this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 484)