'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (89 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of Course that pales in comparison to the "Ethnic Cleansing of 1981", when my mother graciously decided to throw out my comic books and trading cards while I was out playing in the Little League playoffs.

I won't go there as far as the amount of comic books and trading cards that were unceremoniusly removed from my possesion, but I will tell you this one story.

It's 1989, and I decide to start collecting cards again. After 8 years of not collecting anything, I had basically forgotten what most of my cards had looked like.

I walk into a store, and I take a look at a hockey rookie card that is going for about 750.00. I ask to see the back of it, because it looked vaguely familiar. Back then, hockey cards, and most cards for that matter, had a little cartoon on the back.

I take a look at it, its a caricature of a player on the ice looking very timid with his knees shaking.

I proceed to throw up in my mouth, especially after reading the caption and realizing that I had a handful of these cards in the past.

The caption?? And I'm paraphrasing here.

"Wayne made his professional debut in the WHA at the age of 17"

YOU figure out who I'm talking about, while I run to the bathroom to throw up in my mouth again
Oh my God... :sergio:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Of Course that pales in comparison to the "Ethnic Cleansing of 1981", when my mother graciously decided to throw out my comic books and trading cards while I was out playing in the Little League playoffs.

I won't go there as far as the amount of comic books and trading cards that were unceremoniusly removed from my possesion, but I will tell you this one story.

It's 1989, and I decide to start collecting cards again. After 8 years of not collecting anything, I had basically forgotten what most of my cards had looked like.

I walk into a store, and I take a look at a hockey rookie card that is going for about 750.00. I ask to see the back of it, because it looked vaguely familiar. Back then, hockey cards, and most cards for that matter, had a little cartoon on the back.

I take a look at it, its a caricature of a player on the ice looking very timid with his knees shaking.

I proceed to throw up in my mouth, especially after reading the caption and realizing that I had a handful of these cards in the past.

The caption?? And I'm paraphrasing here.

"Wayne made his professional debut in the WHA at the age of 17"

YOU figure out who I'm talking about, while I run to the bathroom to throw up in my mouth again
:sergio:

I have a ton of hockey cards since 1986-1991. They used to be worth a lot but I think their value dropped faster than Paris Hilton on her knees. :cry:

I saw rookie cards going for a couple of bucks while in the past they were worth a couple of hundreds. I used to buy a guide with all the prices. I don't see those anymore, not even sites with the prices.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Any reason in particular why she punished you so much?

I had a tendency to leave things all around the house, so I guess she had enough.

One time I left some Matchbox cars in the yard, and she was mowing the lawn, and one of them got caught in the balde and caused it to snap.

I'm running as if my life depnded on it. She takes off one of her Dr.Scholl's wooden sandles and nails me square in the ass from 50 feet away. You would've thought I got hit by a bus

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You could of retired at 25. :p

2 of the worst things that she ever did to me was

#1) Throwing out all of that stuff

#2) Telling me that we are related to Vini Poncia

Who's Vini Poncia??

remember those abyssmal "Dynasty" and "Unmasked" albums that turned Kiss into an adult contemporary group?

Guess who the producer was

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
2 of the worst things that she ever did to me was

#1) Throwing out all of that stuff

#2) Telling me that we are related to Vini Poncia

Who's Vini Poncia??

remember those abyssmal "Dynasty" and "Unmasked" albums that turned Kiss into an adult contemporary group?

Guess who the producer was
So you could of met them in person or you were too young back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 85)