'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (92 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Don't get me wrong, kiss are legends, I just haven't heard anybody say the "kiss army member since ----" in years, good times
I wish I still had all of my stuff from when I was a kid.

Alas, young Sergio goes to Italy for 2 months in 1978 on summer vacation, Mama Lenza decides to do some house cleaning.

KISS Action Figures- gone
KISS Cards- See ya
KISS Comic Books- part of a landfill
KISS Belt Buckles- RIP
KISS Your Face Makeup Set- A B C'ya
KISS Transistor Radio- yeah, ok. poor bastard never had a chance

KISS Albums- Miraculously survived the onslaught

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Of Course that pales in comparison to the "Ethnic Cleansing of 1981", when my mother graciously decided to throw out my comic books and trading cards while I was out playing in the Little League playoffs.

I won't go there as far as the amount of comic books and trading cards that were unceremoniusly removed from my possesion, but I will tell you this one story.

It's 1989, and I decide to start collecting cards again. After 8 years of not collecting anything, I had basically forgotten what most of my cards had looked like.

I walk into a store, and I take a look at a hockey rookie card that is going for about 750.00. I ask to see the back of it, because it looked vaguely familiar. Back then, hockey cards, and most cards for that matter, had a little cartoon on the back.

I take a look at it, its a caricature of a player on the ice looking very timid with his knees shaking.

I proceed to throw up in my mouth, especially after reading the caption and realizing that I had a handful of these cards in the past.

The caption?? And I'm paraphrasing here.

"Wayne made his professional debut in the WHA at the age of 17"

YOU figure out who I'm talking about, while I run to the bathroom to throw up in my mouth again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 89)