'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (83 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
He's great, my favorite of him will always be the sample played in La Haine. He also features in the whole official mixtape of IAM. Obviously, he has more cool work.
The scene when there's the long exposition shot over the courtyard from above afterwards, with KRS-One Sound of the Police? That was him? Don't really know how he looks like tbh, but that was one awesome scene, watched the movie just two weeks ago or so.

- - - Updated - - -

So far for 2 episodes its good enough, little musical family drama really (little soap-opera-ish as times), better produced then I expected it to be. I buy Terrence Howard as CEO Hiphop mogul ala Jay Z, but so far not really buying his background as gangster rapper though hehe.
:tup:

Might check it out sometime.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah thats him, and yeah thats where I saw him first in my early teens, how he mixes Supreme NTMs nique de police, Krs Ones classic anthem, and Edith Piaf's non je ne regrette rien is flawless. But what made he love his shit is his absolutely amazing long mixes and compliations of french and 90s US hiphop/RnB (Hiphop soul party 1 to 4 collection especially), its absolutely classic level stuff of Djing (him and Dj Abdel). Too lazy to search for them in youtube since I listen to them in spotify, but its dope.

This is JUST the intro :D

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010

In the movie:

The scene when there's the long exposition shot over the courtyard from above afterwards, with KRS-One Sound of the Police? That was him? Don't really know how he looks like tbh, but that was one awesome scene, watched the movie just two weeks ago or so.
Yeah it's him. Great scene and fucking great movie.

Yeah thats him, and yeah thats where I saw him first in my early teens, how he mixes Supreme NTMs nique de police, Krs Ones classic anthem, and Edith Piaf's non je ne regrette rien is flawless. But what made he love his shit is his absolutely amazing long mixes and compliations of french and 90s US hiphop, its absolutely classic level stuff. Too lazy to search for them in youtube since I listen to them in spotify, but its dope.
Will give a listen to that.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah thats him, and yeah thats where I saw him first in my early teens, how he mixes Supreme NTMs nique de police, Krs Ones classic anthem, and Edith Piaf's non je ne regrette rien is flawless. But what made he love his shit is his absolutely amazing long mixes and compliations of french and 90s US hiphop/RnB (Hiphop soul party 1 to 4 collection especially), its absolutely classic level stuff of Djing (him and Dj Abdel). Too lazy to search for them in youtube since I listen to them in spotify, but its dope.

Will do.

The movie in general had an awesome soundtrack, I knew it was good when it started off with Bob :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Dayum

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This intro one is by DJ Abdel, he's also dope, posted it (and mentionned him) because they made the whole Hiphop soul party 4 together (half of it by Dj Abdel, compliation is in his name), its like 38 songs they mixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Will do.

The movie in general had an awesome soundtrack, I knew it was good when it started off with Bob :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Dayum
Yes like that, its just the beginning :D Dude absolutely loves mixing the 90s mainly east coast hiphop sounds.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
3 Feet High & Rising :heart:

Such a classic and groundbreaking debut album.

and De La Soul is Dead is every bit as great as 3 feet high, in its own way.

Millie pulled a pistol on Santa, Keepin the Faith, Oodles of O's, A roller skating jam called Saturdays.........it goes on and on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)