'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (133 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
Yeah recognize was hit (due to Drake...talk about upstaging), but generally prefer PNDs first EP, the 2nd one with recognize was boring for me. He isnt anything special, but I defenitely prefer P.Reigns Dear America EP more then anything else released by Ovo artists. Chickens goes in, dnf (weak hehe), we know, realest in the city etc generally fun mainstream rap tunes. Only other Ovo artist I like a couple songs from is PND, but besides couple of slow burner tunes, his sound gets old for me.

Plus I like this one production wise, like the carribean Cannuck sound combo :p

That's probably the best song I've heard from him so far lol, I haven't gone through the whole project you mentioned yet. I still feel PND is like the forced replacement for The Weeknd who's amazing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Forced replacement indeed, thats why I dont fully feel him at all, he goes for the darker tone type of rnb but very basic in what he says and vocal range, fall shorts in effecting or or adding to a mood. While someone like Weeknd is fairly ethereal, smooth and unique in what he can do as a singer. His mood setting music can effect you in different ways (especially when fvcked up lol). Horny ass music too lol.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup: :tup: :tup:

Saw that totally zen movie in the same age too.

Heavy Mental is one of the lesser known classics in the genre :) Killah is totally under the radar kinda of veteran MC thats not easy to notice (despite being Wu), very cerebral and spiritual kind of wordsmith (he really explores really weird subject matters :D), besides his guest verse in Diary of madman (he generally does work with others), this is possibly my favourite tune with him :p One of the rappers you can say is a actually a poet MC.

This one goes hard and not his usual for his style:

Now this is a usual Killah song :)

Ghost Dog was my favourite movie as a teen. Forest Whitaker was so badass, and so Zen about it. So much more badass than all the heroes in bullshit action movies with stupid fight choreography.

Killah had such weird, but fascinating, lyrics. The history, the myth, the allusions and references. His work really makes you think, and explore other areas of knowledge. He definitely was a poet, and one who was very aware of the African and African American culture, heritage and history behind him. He must have been pretty damn well read. Pretty cool guy. Definitely a poet MC. Like the TS Eliot of rap with all those obscure references and allusions. Thanks for the song links. Covenant is an awesome song. :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Alot of the underground (especially NY) Rap scene explores alot of weird mythical/illuminati/historical/spiritual subjects, but very rarely do they do it as genuinely poetic as Killah does.

And dude, you scared me, you speak of him in past tense so I had to look up like I missed him passing away yo lol, thankfully not the case.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Aushismo, that song sounds almost exactly like Bruno Mars's treasure. Its older, so guessing they sampling the same music or he just copied them?

This real nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Jul 15, 2006
Aushismo, that song sounds almost exactly like Bruno Mars's treasure. Its older, so guessing they sampling the same music or he just copied them?

This real nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I'm glad you have that record in your life now, it's a modern-classic in my book! Now that you brought that to my attention that Bruno Mars' song is definitely heavy influenced by the Breakbot song haha. Peep that whole album for those MJ'esque vibes it's super dope.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

What torrent site do you mofos use now since no mo piratebay?
You can use the old pirate bay, but I don't like it.

Also there still is
piratebay.cr

Kickasstorrents is a viable alternative as well.

- - - Updated - - -

@Aush

Check this dude out, aussie hip hop guy but has some pretty sweet tracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)