'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (95 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I hear you about the sound, it gets getting used to. I generally I try all new stuff (most songs I post in this thread tend to be new music I just heard, like the above two guys, released within last week or so), even the ok-so-so stuff really, but regarding albums, you missing on ALOT if you think those are the last good albums. Vinnie Paz being quite dissapointing for me for a while (even his concert I saw few months ago, R.A Ruggedman, his opening act, was alot better), and I'm rarely dissappointed by underground hiphop, you allways know what you get with them. But in general I would say the same to you as I did with Zozo, there's more then plenty of good rap music to be find, wethers its in mixtapes, underground, or studio album releases, it wont be all in mainstream (it can be, like Kendricks classic debute album), but its there.
I'll try to listen to it more often, but I don't think I'll really end up liking it :D

And true, Vinnie Paz has gone downhill majorly after God of the Serengeti (just realised that that was 2003 as well :shocked:)

On a different note:

It's one of my favourite Kanye West song, and the remix ain't bad either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I just got home from seeing Hunger Games mocking jay, just quickly saw the posts while making some food and preparing shit to watch, you naggity aunt :D

But yeah flow is part of it for sure, I agree with him trying to sound aggressive and just coming off forced and offputting, when he used to naturally be hard hitting in a tongue in cheek way (best diss tracks rapper ever for me, due to natural viciousness lyrically), I allways had it tough for his vocal style despite finding him great. But now he isnt that great anymore AND is trying to change flow and voice to incredibly annoying ways, and people call him Rap God for sounding way more whack then his more authentic self, bizzare.

- - - Updated - - -

Give me back this lyrical monster who wasnt trying to act all retarded with a forced flow/voice, just effortlessly breathing fire on any type of beat while still managing to make you laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)