What are the fans like? (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
Liverpool fans are stuck in the 80's. "Next year... next year...." - "Next year, what?!" - "Next year, we'll win for sure" - "Next year you'll suck as always! Shut it!"
To a 't' man, to a 't'.

I've extensive experience of Celtic, Man U and Liverpool fans (lean towards Man U myself, but am by no means a fan).

Celtic fans are moaners. They claim that Scotland is to small for their massive club, and that they'd be invincable if they were in England. They fail to see the flaws in their players, which are hidden in the piss-poor standard of the SPL.

Liverpool fans are impossible. They come in two types. One type is described by Kaliman above, and they other just blames everything on Houllier, Roy Evans or Souness.

Man Utd fans are a bit more varied. A lot of them are glory supporters, but don't forget that Liverpool fans were glory supporters only a decade ago. There are a disproportionally large number of Asians amoung them. It's sad really - very frustrating for life-long Man Utd fans. Don't forget that this is a club that had the highest average gate in all of England when in the old SECOND division!

Anyway, Vit is right, it's too easy to typecast, though there are enough common streaks to start with.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

I've extensive experience of Celtic, fans
Celtic fans are moaners. They claim that Scotland is to small for their massive club, and that they'd be invincable if they were in England. They fail to see the flaws in their players, which are hidden in the piss-poor standard of the SPL.

Irish Celtic fans or Scottish Celtic fans?

Having to state the obvious I know literally thousands of Scots and Irish Celtic fans and yes there are many who want to move shop to England, but by far the majority want to stay in Scotland.

As for the claim that Scotland is too small for Celtic and Rangers...I'd leave that discussion for a British forum and wouldn't bore the Juventini here.

No-one...no-one ... I know...including myself, thinks we would be invincible in England.
Side note...the SPL is now ranked ninth in Europe...may be p*ss poor to some, but it keeps me entertained

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #23
    Woh, Bryan, this thread is supposed to be about what kind of impression we get from people we talk to, obviously it's not going to be all good and it's not meant to be taken to mean anything more than a prejudice, which by definition is pretty shallow. :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Barca: Think theyre the best. Very arrogant. One of the worst. All the people I know that like Barca are disgusting.
    Real Madrid: Very blind. Cant see whats beyond their team.
    AC Milan: Arrogant.
    Valencia: Cool

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #26
    No no, I know there was nothing wrong with it, just wanted to say that people shouldn't get upset with what they read here. :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Most loyal fans
    Feyenoord

Most spoiled fans
    Juventus. It's true you know!

Most naive fans
    Gotta be Holland National :sigh:

Most social/friendly fans
    Ajax

Most arrogant fans
    AC Milan

Most worked up fans
    Barcelona (I love passion but not if in a 2 meter tall guy in front of you who keeps jumping up :()

Note: I'm only judging the fans I sat among in a stadium at least once!

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I have a little addition to my remark about Liverpool.

One of my friends and I made a bet 4 years ago. He (a Liverpool supporter) said that Liverpool would win the title 5 times in the next 10 years. I asked him if he was drunk and he was like "No man, we're the best and now is the time to prove it... you'll never walk alone... yada yada blah blah" Clearly he is as blind as all the other Liverpool fans I've met, so I made a bet with him.

Now he's only got 6 years left to win 5 championships... They wont win this year, and not the next year either, so in about two seasons time he ows me 1000 kr. That's about 150€.

Stupid-ass Pool fans... I gotta make more bets, I could make a livin' of those dumbass's

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Did you see where the Sox put Manny Ramirez on waivers??

As if someone would be stupid enough to pick up the remaining 5 years and 110 million dollars left on his contract.
    lol-I couldn't believe it! maybe the yankees will get him....;)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    I have a little addition to my remark about Liverpool.

One of my friends and I made a bet 4 years ago. He (a Liverpool supporter) said that Liverpool would win the title 5 times in the next 10 years. I asked him if he was drunk and he was like "No man, we're the best and now is the time to prove it... you'll never walk alone... yada yada blah blah" Clearly he is as blind as all the other Liverpool fans I've met, so I made a bet with him.

Now he's only got 6 years left to win 5 championships... They wont win this year, and not the next year either, so in about two seasons time he ows me 1000 kr. That's about 150€.

Stupid-ass Pool fans... I gotta make more bets, I could make a livin' of those dumbass's
    Hey!:groan: you seem very keen to dish out insulting remarks-and very generalized remarks they are!! I admit that there are stupid Liverpool fans, but there are stupid fans for every club. The Liverpool fans make bets like that because they see that Liverpool, handled well, could win alot. However, there is something at Liverpool-maybe Houllier, I don't know-that is holding the club back. therefor, those rash fans of yours make bets on results that are possible, with luck, but then Liverpool somehow screws up.

Aug 1, 2003
    from the ppl that i know :

mu fans- glory hunters (with the exception of my dad and bro...hehe)

milan fans- SERIOUSLY, have an arrogance and egoistical problem. and i mean, SERIOUSLY.

arsenal fans- hate them, there's no love for them. very arrogant but dont realize juve is 1000000x better than arse.

liverpool fans- hopeful

roma fans- decent but dont try to b!tch with em

inter fans- desperate but nice

parma fans- cocky

anyway, i repeat these are from the people that i know

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

kali are you?!
    Yes. :)

++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

Hey!:groan: you seem very keen to dish out insulting remarks-and very generalized remarks they are!! I admit that there are stupid Liverpool fans, but there are stupid fans for every club. The Liverpool fans make bets like that because they see that Liverpool, handled well, could win alot. However, there is something at Liverpool-maybe Houllier, I don't know-that is holding the club back. therefor, those rash fans of yours make bets on results that are possible, with luck, but then Liverpool somehow screws up.
    I don't generalize. I'm just talking about the Pool fans I know and those I've met. And unfortunately they're all the same. But that doesn't mean I'm talking about every livin' Pool supporter out there.

It's not like they're totally braindead. Some of these guys are my friends, and some are probably alot smarter than me. But when it comes to football, they drift off to dreamland - talking the same ol' shit, making stupid bets. They seem to think that Liverpool is the best club in England, some even in the world... which is quite funny when the club haven't done shit in the Premiership for the last 13 years.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003

Yes. :)

I don't generalize. I'm just talking about the Pool fans I know and those I've met. And unfortunately they're all the same. But that doesn't mean I'm talking about every livin' Pool supporter out there.

It's not like they're totally braindead. Some of these guys are my friends, and some are probably alot smarter than me. But when it comes to football, they drift off to dreamland - talking the same ol' shit, making stupid bets. They seem to think that Liverpool is the best club in England, some even in the world... which is quite funny when the club haven't done shit in the Premiership for the last 13 years.
    sorry-didn't realize you weren't serious. I din't see any smilie icons or anything, so I figured you were serious.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    be nice hafiz.
    gotta agree tho , juve fans are spoilt....

no..u are really lucky..i never met a Parma fan before... there are a lot of Lazio fans... some Roma fans.. even the old Fiorentina fans...but never Parma fans.....

i am feel very thankful to the competetiveness of Serie A that eventhough we way ahead of the other on Scudetto count, but we still dont look like Man U :)

and i think the Inter fans nowadays are their true fans... blind and hopeless maybe..but very true...if any team beside JUve to win the scudetto this season , i hope it would be Inter....

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    No probs, I'm cool. :cool:
    I'm just explaining to Mikhail that the perception he has of the Celts isn't the same as I have.
    Miks AOK
    :thumb:

I have to admit that I don't know any Scottish Celts, and so the generalisation is probably off for the people you know. I have met a lot of Irish Celts who insist that Celtic would win the EPL within a few years of entry.

They keep me amused. ;)

++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    See below:
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Woh, Bryan, this thread is supposed to be about what kind of impression we get from people we talk to, obviously it's not going to be all good and it's not meant to be taken to mean anything more than a prejudice, which by definition is pretty shallow. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)