Weston “Immovable” McKennie (31 Viewers)

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
I'm happy with the improvements he‘s been making this season. But how can a player manage to make progress under Allegri 2.0 is beyond me.

What is his magic? Could it be like doing exactly the opposite of what Allegri told him to ? lol

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Still baffles me how his assists are so great yet he fumbles simple passes. I hope he cracks his simple pass complex.
That i can’t disagree with either as he still has some of this lapses in concentration that can get frustrating at times, but then again by that standard we’d be looking to compare him to the very best CM’s out there given his current stats in the attacking phase cumulated with the ability to run endlessly and put on a strong shift defensively as well, which is rather unrealistic given that he already well exceeded all expectations of himself as it is, so it’s hard to ask for more from him in our current setup.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Some interesting stats that don’t necessarily tell the whole story but do give a pretty good picture of how much he has improved lately, although as mentioned before he sure still has many other aspects of his game to keep working on.

Last edited:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
He is having a season like Simone Pepe's first under Conte. Laughed at initially, only to become one of the most reliable providers of vital goals/assists. Our only central midfielder that is having a good season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
When Mckenny is one of our better players this term, you know how shit this team is. We wont win anything with players like him around. Hopefully some EPL clubs takes a bait and he continues his European adventure over there. Add Locatelli in the mix as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember how mad they were when we were linked with Pulisic? Because we are too good for him? :touched:
Thats kinda different. Pulišić is actually a good player. His grandfather was Croatian and my nation has produced some teriffic players over the years. Id love him at Juve.

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He is having a season like Simone Pepe's first under Conte. Laughed at initially, only to become one of the most reliable providers of vital goals/assists. Our only central midfielder that is having a good season.
And Pepe was worshipped here on tuz

I wonder why…

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
'Weston McKennie didn't even have a parking spot!' - Gregg Berhalter praises midfielder's resilience to push himself back into Juventus XI'

McKennie headed into the Serie A season on the outside looking in, having failed to impress during his loan spell at Leeds United last season. He returned in the summer and looked set to move on, having been left out of parts of preseason as he awaited a transfer.

It never came to be, with McKennie desperate to prove himself at Juve, and his resiliency has paid off. He's done all of that and more, having emerged as one of the top midfielders not just at Juve, but in Serie A altogether.

However, there was never truly a plan in Italy for him, so much so that the club had not even handed him simple player privileges.

"We can't say enough about Weston and his growth over these last years," Berhalter said. "If you think about this, Western was in a situation where he went back to Juventus after the summer and he didn't have a locker and he didn't have a parking spot. Most players would say, 'Okay, I'm done, I'm leaving this club, it's not for me', but Weston said, 'I'm going to dig in and I'm going to prove that I belong'.

"He's done not only that, not only does he belong, but he's proven to be one of the best players at Juventus this year and one of the top midfielders in Serie A. It shows his mentality and his growth as a person and it shows that he's able to take these obstacles and continue on and keep performing. I think that's a marker of a really good player."

Gregg Berhalter revealed that, upon his return to the Bianconeri, McKennie's parking spot and player-issued locker had been removed. The Italitan side were pushing for his removal so much so that they acted as if he didn't even exist to a point! However, his performances are showing just how far he has come over the last few months as he's built himself into a player that is one of the first names on the teamsheet for the Old Lady.

quite an editorial:D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Considering he was on loan from Jan it would have been given to someone else and there wouldn't have been any sense changing it back to his if the plan was to sell him.

Credit to him though, he's had a good season. It's all relative. We shouldn't be expecting lots from McKennie, he has no business bring a starter for Juventus because he is technically limited but he has the sort of mentality where he gets above the negativity and plays his game. He doesn't sulk or throw his arms around like some of our key Euro players. He's versatile, and he's brought back that end product of doing something with the ball in the final third, which isn't easy to find even for more gifted players. I don't have any problem with him sticking around but in a good Juventus team I'd be surprised if he plays more than 1500 minutes. If he's able to do that and contribute then you can't ask for any more from a squad player.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Considering he was on loan from Jan it would have been given to someone else and there wouldn't have been any sense changing it back to his if the plan was to sell him.

Credit to him though, he's had a good season. It's all relative. We shouldn't be expecting lots from McKennie, he has no business bring a starter for Juventus because he is technically limited but he has the sort of mentality where he gets above the negativity and plays his game. He doesn't sulk or throw his arms around like some of our key Euro players. He's versatile, and he's brought back that end product of doing something with the ball in the final third, which isn't easy to find even for more gifted players. I don't have any problem with him sticking around but in a good Juventus team I'd be surprised if he plays more than 1500 minutes. If he's able to do that and contribute then you can't ask for any more from a squad player.
A company this size should have a plan for that. He was practicing with the first team for preseason. Perhaps he should’ve taken the bus and change his clothes on the sidelines?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)