Weston “Immovable” McKennie (79 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
So if you think Juventus will pay too much for McKennie based on the agreed upon option, what do you brilliant statisticians think is a fair price?
He was expensive based on when we signed him. Schalke are horrible and McKennie didnt have a particularly great reputation based on his level.

IIRC the total fee for him was 25-30m.

Thats a lot for a player with no track record at a high level.

Erikssen went for 27m
Barella for 40m
Kessie for 30m?
Calhanoglu for 25m
Etc

We didn't get a bargain for McKennie, we paid high for him, luckily its working out.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He was expensive based on when we signed him. Schalke are horrible and McKennie didnt have a particularly great reputation based on his level.

Erikssen went for 27m
Barella for 40m
Kessie for 30m?
Calhanoglu for 25m
Etc

We didn't get a bargain for McKennie, we paid high for him, luckily its working out.
A sub 20m midfielder isn't a bad deal at all.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Erikssen went for 27m
Barella for 40m
Kessie for 30m?
Calhanoglu for 25m
Etc

Except we had no obligation to buy him on those terms- if he flopped we wouldn’t have bought him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Except we had no obligation to buy him on those terms- if he flopped we wouldn’t have bought him.
Next they will try to convince us that Tici can't see talent or that our midfield is so weak anyone can do "decent" or for "decent" 18m is too much, etc.

Going to need a bigger field of play for the way they are moving the goal posts.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Next they will try to convince us that Tici can't see talent or that our midfield is so weak anyone can do "decent" or for "decent" 18m is too much, etc.

Going to need a bigger field of play for the way they are moving the goal posts.
McKennie is doing almost the same as Ramsey. The impression here is that the Welshman is having a bad season, while McKennie is having a very good season. The reality is that they are doing the same.

6 goals+assists for both of them, with McKennie playing 267 minutes more. Ramsey is making more passes per match, more crosses, he creates more chances (key passes), and he is losing the ball less than McKennie (dispossessed per match; bad ball control stats). McKennie covers more distance, intercepts more passes and wins more aerials. They are identical or almost identical in the percentage of successful passes, in tackles per match, in dribbling and in blocked shots.

Why is the impression so different? Because we expected more from Ramsey and less from McKennie. But if one is having a bad season, then so is the other one. If one is having a very good season, the same goes for the other guy.
Or are they both having a mediocre season, or at least a season not worthy of a scudetto winning team? Just like Arthur, Rabiot and Bentancur.

Jun 16, 2020
McKennie is doing almost the same as Ramsey. The impression here is that the Welshman is having a bad season, while McKennie is having a very good season. The reality is that they are doing the same.

6 goals+assists for both of them, with McKennie playing 267 minutes more. Ramsey is making more passes per match, more crosses, he creates more chances (key passes), and he is losing the ball less than McKennie (dispossessed per match; bad ball control stats). McKennie covers more distance, intercepts more passes and wins more aerials. They are identical or almost identical in the percentage of successful passes, in tackles per match, in dribbling and in blocked shots.

Why is the impression so different? Because we expected more from Ramsey and less from McKennie. But if one is having a bad season, then so is the other one. If one is having a very good season, the same goes for the other guy.
Or are they both having a mediocre season, or at least a season not worthy of a scudetto winning team? Just like Arthur, Rabiot and Bentancur.
Yet they are both very different players.

Ramsey is very slow an sluggish in defending, while McKennie offers us more dynamism. His runs in the box, aerial threat and defensive skills give us something we’ve been missing for years.

Besides that Ramsey should be at the peak of his career and is pretty underwhelming, while McKennie is in his first year at a big club with a lot of room to grow.

Attacking Ramsey might offer more creativity, but the arguments above here make me believe that McKennie is having a better season.

Ramsey doesn’t have the legs to play in the position that Pirlo is asking him to play in, McK has.

And then there are the ongoing injuries of Ramsey; play 3 games, miss 4 of them

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

But it's true :mute: And it's not €18m.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But it's true :mute: And it's not €18m.
And? its not like we paid that 80m valuation that that place came up with. Compared to what other CMs are going for outside of Italy, its still not a bad price.

Imagine if spent like 40-50m on him how pissy this people would be and they are already complaining about the money spent on him LOL

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And? its not like we paid that 80m valuation that that place came up with. Compared to what other CMs are going for outside of Italy, its still not a bad price.

Imagine if spent like 40-50m on him how pissy this people would be and they are already complaining about the money spent on him LOL
That joke valuation? Like any club out there would ever pay close to that for him.

And they'd have any right to be pissy. €25m is already on the edge for what shouldn't be more than a bench player for Juve.

I have nothing against the guy, he has been a positive surprise so far, but it's not like he was a steal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That joke valuation? Like any club out there would ever pay close to that for him.

And they'd have any right to be pissy. €25m is already on the edge for what shouldn't be more than a bench player for Juve.

I have nothing against the guy, he has been a positive surprise so far, but it's not like he was a steal.
a steal is a bosman or a pogba 100,000k vaulation.

I don't agree with that valuation, I posted it to piss off a certain crowd. I think what we are paying is not extreme by any means and fair for what he brings to the first team when playing.

It's up to them to change my mind.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Bearing in mind the structure of the deal and how he’s performing here it’s definitely a bargain. If we pay the bonus it means he’s doing even better for us.
No it's not. We are paying €30M for a midfielder who we had low expectations to begin with. And it's not like he has set the stage alight at Juve. He's been barely better than the inconsistent bunch of idiots we have in midfield. If we sign better players over the summer, Mckennie will go back to riding the bench. Sorry but a club like Juventus can do better than Mckennie and I certainly wouldn't call paying €25-30M for someone who isnt even that good to begin with, a 'bargain'.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I have a feeling he will continue to be a starter next season cause he adds balance. :stuckup:

Three man midfield with regista like Arthur/ Locatelli, more attack minded Mezzala like Aouar and the 3rd position is all Weston's. Bentancur can be his backup.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I have a feeling he will continue to be a starter next season cause he adds balance. :stuckup:

Three man midfield with regista like Arthur/ Locatelli, more attack minded Mezzala like Aouar and the 3rd position is all Weston's. Bentancur can be his backup.
I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I would argue that he will improve further and exceed all expectations if if give him one or two better mids too play with in the starting lineup.

Bentancur and Rabiot are so poor they bring everyone around them down.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

This has been the problem with Juventus' recruitment over the last few years. We sign too many one dimensional players.
Sarri played Matuidi for 'balance' last season but we all know how limited he was in all other areas. Now Pirlo will be forced to play Weston for 'balance' but Mckennie has shown he can be limited in his passing. Same thing with the likes of Rabiot and Bentancur. They have one decent skillset but they are poor in everything else. And they're pussies to boot.
Seems those 'dynamic' midfielders have been completely vanished from our radar ever since we sold Vidal and Pogba.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 46)