Weston “Immovable” McKennie (147 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He has no clue what to do on the pitch. Whether thats on him or Pirlo i dont know. But he also has no vision, and thats on him. Not bad for depth but we need better

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He has no clue what to do on the pitch. Whether thats on him or Pirlo i dont know. But he also has no vision, and thats on him. Not bad for depth but we need better
Once he replaced Ramsey he knew his role. He was there waiting for a cross and looking for spaces, which he couldn't find. But once Arthur went off and McKennie was placed on the wing, it was just terrible. With that switch, we pretty much lost our advantage in numbers. That's on Pirlo, who maybe didn't have other options if Arthur was gassed, but still, he was the one who told McKennie to change his role.
I agree though with the member who said that he's a Watford level player. At best. And yet we have him and some other Watford players in Juve :(

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Positioning was just too wrong. Why he's always trying to make runs behind the defence. Too many players doing that and not enough players to create chances and make plays. Ramsey and Rabiot were better today, so don't even know how this mess is going to be fixed.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
McKennie: 'I'd never heard of Champions League'

... He could take to the field this evening in the Champions League Round of 16 against FC Porto, even though he doesn’t consider it exactly a childhood dream...
"When I was a kid, I had never even heard of the Champions League.”

https://www.football-italia.net/167478/mckennie-id-never-heard-champions-league

The mofo lived in Germany from the age 6 to 9, and he had never heard of the Champions league? I bet he knows all Dallas Cowboys players from his childhood by heart. Does he at least understand the importance of the CL to Juve now? Judging by his nonchalance tonight, he still doesn't give a fuck about the Champions League.
Sell to an NFL team ASAP.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
he is not 100 % fit actually and regarding those runs, he made few very good runs, but its useless when our players are scared of long pass. Also I doubt it was his idea, its clear Pirlo instructed him to do so.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Hé always does things he cant do. Fancy flicks that constantly fail

Keep it simple
I liked his trick and turn in their box which resulted in the blocked shot, something you'd expect from Ronaldo or Morata, yet those guys left their creative boots at home. You can't always play the same "give the ball to Cuads and wait for a cross", have to mix things up

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
McKennie: 'I'd never heard of Champions League'

... He could take to the field this evening in the Champions League Round of 16 against FC Porto, even though he doesn’t consider it exactly a childhood dream...
"When I was a kid, I had never even heard of the Champions League.”

https://www.football-italia.net/167478/mckennie-id-never-heard-champions-league

The mofo lived in Germany from the age 6 to 9, and he had never heard of the Champions league? I bet he knows all Dallas Cowboys players from his childhood by heart. Does he at least understand the importance of the CL to Juve now? Judging by his nonchalance tonight, he still doesn't give a fuck about the Champions League.
Sell to an NFL team ASAP.
An American good at football? Always knew it was too good to be true.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Same, haven't heard of it until I was like 17.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, I hope McKennie gets a pay raise and a lifetime contract :agree:
I started watching Juve on an antenna channel out of DC that played matches from RAI around 1993 when I was a kid, which was pure luck. Didn't really follow the Champions League until they started playing it in the US in 1998. And actually, we didn't have regular coverage from the European leagues apart from the EPL until Fox Sports World and ESPN started playing Serie A and LA Liga in the 2000's region. I've never been to a US military base in Europe, but I can't imagine they would have TV's everywhere with Bundesliga playing.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I learned about the Champions League around 2006 when I was 12 or 13. Even then it wasn’t popular in USA at all. My family are fans, most Americans are not, especially then. It’s understandable that McKennie hadn’t heard of it. It wasn’t part of American culture at all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I learned about the Champions League around 2006 when I was 12 or 13. Even then it wasn’t popular in USA at all. My family are fans, most Americans are not, especially then. It’s understandable that McKennie hadn’t heard of it. It wasn’t part of American culture at all.
Especially military culture, which is pretty strict. Thank GAWD I was never part of that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Most Americans still don't know anything about this sport at all. I can't even imagine how it was trying to watch games in the 90s. Even like 5 years ago here you had Serie A on beIN (sometimes), Coppa Italia on GolTV, and I remember the Champions League matches being split up on various networks. Of course, none of the ones I ever had access to showed the Juve matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)