Weston “Immovable” McKennie (30 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Kessie is only one and a half years older, mostly insignificant. Anyway he had already exploded for Atalanta at 20.

I never said to write him off, the other poster was bringing up a good point about when other great players come into the scene. I like McKennie, definitely a good part of our season.
Besides this season, Kessie has been shit at Milan. If he had the same performances at us people would be hating him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He's not really put in a good performance in a few games now.

I think part of the issue is where to play him. At times he was LW which is pointless for him, he has very few of the skills for that role and his biggest attribute are his late runs into the box/heading ability which he can't do from out there.

A big question mark over him long term is that he hasn't done well at CM and most suited to being an attacking mid. However, he doesn't have the creativity for that role.

He's certainly shown enough to sign him in the summer and the potential is there but there are a few issues to sort to make him a starter in a strong Juventus side. Playing 3 in the middle would bring out the best in him I think.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He's not really put in a good performance in a few games now.

I think part of the issue is where to play him. At times he was LW which is pointless for him, he has very few of the skills for that role and his biggest attribute are his late runs into the box/heading ability which he can't do from out there.
Just mentioned the same thing in the match thread. Play him as a real CM or don't play him at all, if you ask me.
And considering who our other CM options are, you play him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, he should play a classic b2b that does the dirty work and mostly easy passes. Surprisingly, he can switch the play with a long ball much better than Rabiot and Bentancur, so there's always that. Gave a couple of nice switches from the left to the right, where Chiesa was.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
His situation complicates things for the summer mercato.
He's not our player and we need some 15-20 million to buy him. If he meets certain given sportive objectives we are actually obligated to buy him.

The price is fair, but in a situation where we're desperate for at least two 50m euro each midfielders, it complicates things. We now actually need 115-120M euro to get 2 new midfielders+buy McKennie. This means that we need to sell two of ours. Arthur's price was pumped up when we bought him which makes him a guarantee to stay. Bentancur's price won't even reach 30M, and half of that will go to Boca, which means that in theory we have to sell Bentancur to buy McKennie. I don't think we'll do it. We will probably try to get rid of Ramsey and Rabiot. That's... how much... 50M if we're lucky to find a buyer, especially for Ramsey? We are still some 65-70M short.

Or we don't buy McKennie, we sell Rabiot for some 35-40, and we buy two midfielders for 100M. We are 60-65M short. Not much different.

Fuck this, we're in a terrible situation that will require at least two summers to make it better. Last summer was a disaster when we tried to fix our midfield with Arthur and McKennie. Who guarantees that we'll do better this summer?
Prepare for another bad season next year, boys.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What about all the other players that were purchased for the same sort of fees? Some of them don't even play at Juventus!

Luca Pellegrini - 22M
Romero - 26M
Felix Correira - 10M

It's like Mckennie is the only player we signed and is the root of all our problems. Just because we have to buy him for like 20M while he's basically a starter even when he's not 100% fit. :lol: What a JOKE.

- - - Updated - - -

A starter - even when he's not fit. :lol:

McKennie playing through pain of ‘hip problem’ as Juventus boss Pirlo salutes ‘grit’ of USMNT star

https://www.goal.com/en/news/mckenn...us-pirlo-grit-usmnt/5v6dgc07opj61lvtxfob34lhm

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
His situation complicates things for the summer mercato.
He's not our player and we need some 15-20 million to buy him. If he meets certain given sportive objectives we are actually obligated to buy him.

The price is fair, but in a situation where we're desperate for at least two 50m euro each midfielders, it complicates things. We now actually need 115-120M euro to get 2 new midfielders+buy McKennie. This means that we need to sell two of ours. Arthur's price was pumped up when we bought him which makes him a guarantee to stay. Bentancur's price won't even reach 30M, and half of that will go to Boca, which means that in theory we have to sell Bentancur to buy McKennie. I don't think we'll do it. We will probably try to get rid of Ramsey and Rabiot. That's... how much... 50M if we're lucky to find a buyer, especially for Ramsey? We are still some 65-70M short.

Or we don't buy McKennie, we sell Rabiot for some 35-40, and we buy two midfielders for 100M. We are 60-65M short. Not much different.

Fuck this, we're in a terrible situation that will require at least two summers to make it better. Last summer was a disaster when we tried to fix our midfield with Arthur and McKennie. Who guarantees that we'll do better this summer?
Prepare for another bad season next year, boys.
This sure is a very convoluted way of saying that you don't like McKennie.

The problem is very simple: we already have those expensive midfielders you are talking about. They're called Rabiot, Ramsey & Arthur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)