Weston “Immovable” McKennie (141 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Highlights player, would look good tonight only on YouTube.

His passing is way too poor to be a starter at Juve. He is simply a bad midfielder. No amount of runs And headers changes that. The difference in passing between him and Arthur in the first half was gigantic. Then when Locatelli came in and briefly played mezzala he showed what we should expect from a midfielder in that role, and McKennie can't give it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Needs to do everything he can to work on his passing. It is so poor at times, sometimes not even close to completion and is badly holding him back because his movement in the box is really good.
Perhaps the best in the last 10 or so years of all Juve players bar Ronaldo. On the other had, easily the worst passer we've had in years.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Needs to do everything he can to work on his passing. It is so poor at times, sometimes not even close to completion and is badly holding him back because his movement in the box is really good.
:tup:

Needs to work on his finishing too. He had five fantastic chances today. Put wide, straight at the keeper with the whole net to aim at, or the shot onto the post when he had that entire side of the net to curl his shot into. He should have scored tonight, more than once.

- - - Updated - - -

His passing is way too poor to be a starter at Juve. He is simply a bad midfielder. No amount of runs And headers changes that. The difference in passing between him and Arthur in the first half was gigantic. Then when Locatelli came in and briefly played mezzala he showed what we should expect from a midfielder in that role, and McKennie can't give it.
:agree:

You just can’t have a midfielder who is that awful at passing. It’s appalling. And a dangerous area of the pitch to constantly be turning over possession.

Jun 16, 2020

His passing was horrible, but let’s not forget he was playing on the left side of the pitch what isn’t his best side. Often receiving the ball with his back towards the goal, playing a rather strange role as a AM/LM.

I just can’t ignore that this guy has the abilities to get headers on goal out of nowhere. There aren’t many midfielders who are able to play a horrible match, but meanwhile create 3 very dangerous situations.

I was for subbing him during half time but as I said, changing him will bring risks because Weston creates things other midfielders can’t.

To me he could become a complete midfielder, but it will take some time. Often I see our attacking players rushing to much in attack and trying difficult one touch passes like Totti could.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
he can't be worse than sissoko or poulsen....or even bentancur?
Sissoko was worse, yeah. Tough to compare with the other two since, even though Poulsen and Bentancur have a far superior % in successful passes, McKennie's passes are forward and tougher to make.

Poulsen once passed the ball to Trezeguet... Who was a substitute standing Infront of the bench getting ready to come on.
That was a good pass, tho. Poulsen did try to pass to Trez and he passed the ball to Trez :D

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
His passing was horrible, but let’s not forget he was playing on the left side of the pitch what isn’t his best side. Often receiving the ball with his back towards the goal, playing a rather strange role as a AM/LM.

I just can’t ignore that this guy has the abilities to get headers on goal out of nowhere. There aren’t many midfielders who are able to play a horrible match, but meanwhile create 3 very dangerous situations.

I was for subbing him during half time but as I said, changing him will bring risks because Weston creates things other midfielders can’t.

To me he could become a complete midfielder, but it will take some time. Often I see our attacking players rushing to much in attack and trying difficult one touch passes like Totti could.
To be played on the left limits his impact, that's clear, but doesn't impact his ability to pass. He misses the safest of passes and makes weird decisions in our half.

To me a players role has fundamental aspects. A defender first has to be a good defender before any play making and attacking capabilities can be evaluated. A midfielder needs to have a certain level of passing and understanding of the game. Runs between the lines and headers are extras of what makes a good midfielder, not the foundations of it.

Its why Pirlo played McKennie in attack and wings, then Allegri arrived with all of his experience and does the same. He cannot play the role of a midfielder because he lacks so much understanding of the game. Basically the opposite player as Jorginho.

A "complete midfielder" version of McKennie is Vidal. The difference is enormous, Vidal had those runs and stamina combined with all the attributes that make a great mid. McKennie is the most incomplete midfielder we have, a player that cannot do the basic job but adds extra qualities. He is someone we can field when we have a proper functioning team that can carry his deficiencies and exploit his goal threat. An extra player. Which at the moment we can't afford. He puts our team under too much pressure in most cases, better to have him as a sub to maximize his impact against tired teams.

Jun 16, 2020
To be played on the left limits his impact, that's clear, but doesn't impact his ability to pass. He misses the safest of passes and makes weird decisions in our half.

To me a players role has fundamental aspects. A defender first has to be a good defender before any play making and attacking capabilities can be evaluated. A midfielder needs to have a certain level of passing and understanding of the game. Runs between the lines and headers are extras of what makes a good midfielder, not the foundations of it.

Its why Pirlo played McKennie in attack and wings, then Allegri arrived with all of his experience and does the same. He cannot play the role of a midfielder because he lacks so much understanding of the game. Basically the opposite player as Jorginho.

A "complete midfielder" version of McKennie is Vidal. The difference is enormous, Vidal had those runs and stamina combined with all the attributes that make a great mid. McKennie is the most incomplete midfielder we have, a player that cannot do the basic job but adds extra qualities. He is someone we can field when we have a proper functioning team that can carry his deficiencies and exploit his goal threat. An extra player. Which at the moment we can't afford. He puts our team under too much pressure in most cases, better to have him as a sub to maximize his impact against tired teams.
Allegri deploys him in the half spaces which isn’t strange as he’s a player with attacking abilities, players with good understanding of the game, with vision and who are defensively good are the players who are deployed in the center (Loca, Pjanic, Jorginho etc).

There’s more space in the half spaces compared to the center aswel, which is quite obvious. It makes attacking and running into the box a lot easier.

I do think that if we look to our first half yesterday, McKennie was forced into difficult situations due to playing on the left side. It made him struggle. In a situations where you’re under pressure and if you’re playing on the opposite side, players often cut inside to their stronger foot, only to find their passes in very tight spaces, and often you’d lose the ball. There are player like Berna who choose the safe option and always pass the ball backwards. At least he didn’t do that.

I don’t think it’s about basic fundamentals, obviously there’s room for improvement but it isn’t easy to adapt to every situation.

I want to compliment him, first half was underwhelming even tho we don’t agree on some details, offensively he made the difference for us in the second half. I’m happy that we have a player who attacks the goal as much as he does.

His passing and concentration has to improve, and many of our attacking players should stop trying difficult one touch passes. It’s more about understanding whenever to add up the pace and when not. I’m curious to see if McKennie will finish the season as LCM or RCM.

We can’t compare him to Vidal. Arturo had his prime years at us and was world class, that’s a few bridges to far for McKennie. He has the tools tho to become a good midfielder and not only in the attacking phase for me

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
There are player like Berna who choose the safe option and always pass the ball backwards. At least he didn’t do that.
Add Bent to that who single-handedly cost Juve any chance of advancing in CL action. And it didn’t just end there. At least McKINGie has smarts not to do that.

And lol about missing all those goals. Of course he has to improve but he gets in places for scoring chances some Juve players only can dream about. I trust this guy with using him correctly.
:max:

Long live McKINGie!

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The worst thing he could have done was save that goal by bothering Scamacca's header. Running from left wing to cover our fucking CB who was up in midfield. Now Allegri will never take him out of the lineup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)