Weston “Immovable” McKennie (130 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Its all about just latching on to narratives. Someone else said it so will be repeated.

He was unlucky with injury from start into new team, but he has not been an injury prone player. He has shown he is defenitely over it.

Questioning attitude or focus is one thing, or saying he has flopped, which he has. But its almost like we act like this first time a young professional flopped in one club, when football history is filled with players who turned it around in their next club.
So basically it’s a gamble. Why should we, at this poor fucked up stage we’re at , get rid of one of our valuable assets $ wise for someone who is officially a flop with the hopes that he somehow turns it around?

I mean I’m all for selling all our mids including Mclovin’, there isn’t a single one of them that’s old school Juventus level but maybe we should look into someone consistent not another gamble.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If a top 5 coach in Europe benches your ass and gives your spot to the second worst player on earth, that can mean only one thing.
And Andy is right. McKennie was injured in the last 4 months of the season. That probably is a big reason why he played like a crippled Blasi. But do we need an injury prone player like McKennie?
@ALC

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So basically it’s a gamble. Why should we, at this poor fucked up stage we’re at , get rid of one of our valuable assets $ wise for someone who is officially a flop with the hopes that he somehow turns it around?

I mean I’m all for selling all our mids including Mclovin’, there isn’t a single one of them that’s old school Juventus level but maybe we should look into someone consistent not another gamble.
Also, when tootsie calls with a wonderful deal, you hang up the phone.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Would you agree to the swap? I love to hear your answer and why.
Never watched Ndombele. Or at least I don't remember him. I'm gonna trust Allegri here. If mister thinks that we shouldn't make the swap, then we shouldn't. Or if he wants to do it, then we have to try and do it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If a top 5 coach in Europe benches your ass and gives your spot to the second worst player on earth, that can mean only one thing.
And Andy is right. McKennie was injured in the last 4 months of the season. That probably is a big reason why he played like a crippled Blasi. But do we need an injury prone player like McKennie?
@ALC
touche. Maybe he would’ve only been injured for a few games instead of half a season if he had a real coach instead of Pirlo

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Sup Klinsmann! You married with tons of kids or something? You been surely missed
Thanks. I had a kid, but still sane enough not to get married, Os.

- - - Updated - - -

Never watched Ndombele. Or at least I don't remember him. I'm gonna trust Allegri here. If mister thinks that we shouldn't make the swap, then we shouldn't. Or if he wants to do it, then we have to try and do it.
I expected a much less conservative answer than that, I gotta be honest.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I havent watched a lot of Ndombele, does he have a good engine? Because we do need guys that run, I believe that is also the reason Berna is getting opportunities as he can provide some dynamism compared to Rabiot or Bentancur

Jun 16, 2020
I don’t get the ‘Berna is chosen over McKennie’ arguments. Berna will play as a LCM, and it’s been clear for years now that he shouldn’t play at the right side. I don’t want to get to much in depth about Berna, but it’s a logical decision given that he’s likely to rotate that position with Rabiot. There aren’t any other players, besides Locatelli, who are capable of playing there as things stand now. Rabiot will miss the start of the season as known, so making sure that Berna adapts as soon as possible as a LCM during preseason makes sense. And Loca will be the regista I guess. Berna won’t be a backup for Chiesa because we have Kulusevski. Things are as easy as that.

McKennie has played most games as a RCM, or I at least expect him to do that. Pirlo used him a few times as RM/RW and he looked lost at times, but I don’t see the connection between McKennie and Berna in that regard.

I think that we should realize that McKennie is our only midfielder who’s capable of producing ~10 goals (assists included). He’ll be a important asset. He has a great engine, is a aerial threat, has good tackles and great runs. I also think that he’s useful in tight spaces. As said before his passing and positioning need some work but if he improve he has the capabilities of becoming a good midfielder. I never considered Vidal to be a great passer by the way and in a way they’re kinda comparable.

I don’t follow Tottenham enough to have a clear view of Ndombele, but I don’t expect Tici to knock on our door and suddenly offering us the deal of our lives. At this point it’s probably better to choose for continuity with the young players we have. Maybe he isn’t a starter today but it isn’t to strange considering Max had a few years with Bentancur. After so many new players he seems kinda conservative as seen with the decision of keeping Rugani and De Sciglio as wel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)