Weston “Transferable” McKennie (49 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
at least the wand waver has earned the overrating by going into a Juve team with a new coach and outperforming every other midfielder.

It’s ridiculous that people are even comparing them

Maybe you actually need to see both players before you say comments like these?

I like McKennie but I see a limited b2b decent at best rotation player with some hustle and occasional runs into the box, dont see what has he shown to warrant for strong words like the above. Whenever he has been asked to do more then that, he has looked clumsy and not up to the task.

Ndombele can defenitely be questioned on his mentality and attitude, seems to have switch off button in certain games. And has too high salary, and defenitely flopped for Spurs tho has been good in parts.

But on purely talent, skill level as footballers, in almost every aspect and metric of a midfielder, he looks superior then Mckennie at when you seen both regularly. Ndombele can look legit top level midfielder when he is on. Level I havent seen McKennie reach, wether with us or Schalke. Please explain to me exactly what certain qualities he has shown that has convinced you to the point you typed the above.

If Ndombele is easy to acquire, I would take a chance on him and possibly be rewarded if he turns it around with a better coach/team. Because his dynamic physicality to win possession with ease, great dribbling, astute precise passing, all qualities I see as worth taking a gamble on if its doable enough cheap transfer (yes even if he has questionable attitude). On what form or shape it comes dont matter too much. Spurs have no negotiation bargain here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They only give the Pirlo excuse to Mckennie. No one says poor Rabiot or Bentancur stuck playing under Pirlo. But Mckennie gets it every time someone says he wasn’t amazing for us. Pirlo’s fault.
McKennie didn’t singlehandedly knock us out of Europe with a back pass to the other side. I’m sure Pirlo told him to do that. :lol:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I think its difficult to asses certain players based off of last season particularly the CMs. All of them were awful, none of them should still be here based off their performances of the last season. Plenty of that blame lays with Pirlo imo
The players are to blame too of course. 50/50 imo. But then if we’re giving an air head like Bentancur a shot then why not Mckennie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
People mistaken Ndombele as injury prone player while he playing 46 fuckin matches in all competitions for Spurs last season only miss 2 match by minor injury

Tuz Tuz Tuz :rolleyes2:

Its all about just latching on to narratives. Someone else said it so will be repeated.

He was unlucky with injury from start into new team, but he has not been an injury prone player. He has shown he is defenitely over it.

Questioning attitude or focus is one thing, or saying he has flopped, which he has. But its almost like we act like this first time a young professional flopped in one club, when football history is filled with players who turned it around in their next club.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Playing with a well documented injury.

But yeah, I expect more from him. Not enough to be benched by someone who hasn’t had a good match for years.
Well-documented minor injury that required no surgery. Was not serious. He had a little boo boo. And played like a chicken shit for a few months because of it. Mental weakling. Sell.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's well documented that McKennie was playing hurt for at least the last half of the season. I guess he should have just shut it down like the half dozen pansies we have on this squad.

Weston McKennie is getting better even though he has been battling with minor injuries this year. I keep talking with the medical staff and even though he should rest more, we need him on the field as much as possible,” Pirlo said.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's well documented that McKennie was playing hurt for at least the last half of the season. I guess he should have just shut it down like the half dozen pansies we have on this squad.

Weston McKennie is getting better even though he has been battling with minor injuries this year. I keep talking with the medical staff and even though he should rest more, we need him on the field as much as possible,” Pirlo said.
Key word. Minor :lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Playing with a well documented injury.

But yeah, I expect more from him. Not enough to be benched by someone who hasn’t had a good match for years.
We also had Pirlo as a coach who brought everyone down.

why not wait and see what max can do with him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 40)