Weston “Immovable” McKennie (41 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Can't understand hate toward him. Isn't worse than berna and had a good season. Scored in big games. Never complain being subbed or benched. Not a big earner. Non starting material for big clubs (maybe yet), but will be a decent backup.
McK? Who hates him?
He is good at retrieving the ball, is a good dribbler and fantastic in the air. He is also the only player in our midfield that bothered getting into the opposition area this past year...

If we play 3 men mid - He could definitely be useful.
If we play 2 men mid - He might be too dynamic for the system..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hopefully Pjanic never arrives so Max won't have this look after watching Wes and Miralem doing wind sprints next to each other in practice.
Yeah, but Max is not training the players for a 100m sprint. He's training football players. You know, people who play with their legs, and a ball. So I wonder what look will Max have watching Wes and Miralem trying to pass a ball in training.
What we were missing last year in midfield were brains and ability to pass.

It's simple. We won 9 scudetti in a row. Four of them with Pjanic as playmaker. Once Pjanic left and McKennie replaced him, we finished 4th.
But yeah, MrMonkey is doubting Allegri if Max brings Pjanic :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

scoring 10 goals would be awesome, something mandzukic the forum legend was never able to do.
This is more like it! Great job, Turk.
People have become too cautious with their praises and expectations of McKennie. They should be more brave. McKennie should be compared with players who played 3 big CL/WC finals in their life and scored in each one of them. We should compare him with players who won everything in their lives.
And if needed, we should use fake stats and information to justify our opinion. Facts like "Mandzukic was never able to score 10 goals". Nobody will bother to check and see that Mandzukic scored 10 goals or more in every single season from 2006/07 to 2018/19.
So... McKennie is better than Mandzukic That's a fact. But what about that guy Pirlo? He used to be a forum legend. But if McKennie makes 4 assists this season it would be awesome. Something Pirlo the forum legend was never able to do. And imagine McKennie and Pirlo doing wind sprints next to each other in practice :shocked:

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can't understand hate toward him. Isn't worse than berna and had a good season. Scored in big games. Never complain being subbed or benched. Not a big earner. Non starting material for big clubs (maybe yet), but will be a decent backup.
Some people just can't stand the fact an American is starting for Juve....and doing amazing while doing it.

Just watch the overtime Alen puts in this thread versus other threads. All you said is spot on, but lost on the lot here that hate to see an American starting at Juve.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Some people just can't stand the fact an American is starting for Juve....and doing amazing while doing it.

Just watch the overtime Alen puts in this thread versus other threads. All you said is spot on, but lost on the lot here that hate to see an American starting at Juve.
He is not. Unless you take friendlies seriously.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Yeah, but Max is not training the players for a 100m sprint. He's training football players. You know, people who play with their legs, and a ball. So I wonder what look will Max have watching Wes and Miralem trying to pass a ball in training.
What we were missing last year in midfield were brains and ability to pass.

It's simple. We won 9 scudetti in a row. Four of them with Pjanic as playmaker. Once Pjanic left and McKennie replaced him, we finished 4th.
But yeah, MrMonkey is doubting Allegri if Max brings Pjanic :lol:

Facts like "Mandzukic was never able to score 10 goals". Nobody will bother to check and see that Mandzukic scored 10 goals or more in every single season from 2006/07 to 2018/19.
So... McKennie is better than Mandzukic :shocked:
So you're stating Weston was brought aboard to replace the in his prime Pjanic? :lol: Where did I miss all the free kicks Weston took?

Did you know the last time Juve had 3 guys score at least 10 league goals was the 2013-14 season? Since then only 2 seasons accomplishing that mixed in with a couple seasons of only 1 player getting at least 10.

And my man Turk, I just looked where Mario* only scored 10, exactly 10 league goals for Juve in 2015-16. And no worries Alen, I wasn't bothered by checking. And please forget telling me you included non-league goals. Not every player has that opportunity to play a lot more matches.

Let's really peel the onion how Alex posted Mario got his 10 goals every year for Juve.

2018-19
10 goals - 9 league +1 CL
2600 minutes

2017-18
9 goals - 5 league + 4 CL
2800 minutes

2016-17
10 goals - 7 league + 3 CL
3400 minutes

2015-16
12 goals - 10 league + 2 CL
2400 minutes

Wait a minute, Mario only scored 9 TOTAL goals in 2017-18? :shocked: If it's not too much bothersome trouble, would someone please double check me on that? Thanks in advance.

:max: So what is mister really thinking about Weston?

1. We need to make sales before we buy and we have to advertise our 'for sale' players. I guess that is why McKennie played with the other timbers.
2. (Like I already told you and the directors)you should score 10 goals (in these following and meaningless friendlies) Weston, (and even then I will probably never let you play an official match for Juve. You fuckin' talentless American, do you really think you'll even smell the grass once I get Pjanic back and we buy Locatelli?).
3. Technical Max sees athleticism in Weston and is challenging him to be his best
4. He wants Weston to be like Vidal in 2013-14, the last season a 3rd Juve player scored at least 10 league goals.
5. Max has become a supporter of the BLM movement

My guess is #3 with possibility of a little sprinkle of #5. Nobody wants to ever be referred to as a racist, right? Seriously I don't know WTF Max is thinking but I trust he's the best qualified manager to get Juve that most cherished CL trophy.

* :mario:
Loved Mario for Juve and also when he always seem to come up big for Croatia. No hate with this post on this warrior!

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
For someone who's watched us play with Mandzukic at LM/LW it shouldn't come as a surprise he didn't put in 20 per season.
I agree, wasn't like CR7 needing to get his goals but did the best defensive job possible out of a player whose primary function was to score goals. That's why I didn't want my post to look like a downer on Mario. A real TEAM guy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
2017-18
9 goals - 5 league + 4 CL
2800 minutes

Wait a minute, Mario only scored 9 TOTAL goals in 2017-18? :shocked: If it's not too much bothersome trouble, would someone please double check me on that? Thanks in advance.
He scored against Torino in Coppa Italia that season.
I'm doing the Juve stats in this forum for almost 15 years, so I wouldn't have claimed that Mario scored at least 10 every year if I didn't check that info.
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/juventus-2020-2021-stats.44394/

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Yup. If he was Italian there wouldn’t be nearly as much discussion about it. That’s really all it’s about. Weston is a talented young player.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yup. If he was Italian there wouldn’t be nearly as much discussion about it. That’s really all it’s about.
Mostly the American and Australian Italians here tend to overrate Italian players.
Bonucci, a club legend, 8 time scudetto winner, and now an EURO winner and scorer in the final, is getting destroyed in this forum. Not to mention Bernardeschi. Back in the days, Italian players of McKennie's level and talent were regularly ridiculed by Tuz members. Guys like Sturaro, Nocerino, or Blasi.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Mostly the American and Australian Italians here tend to overrate Italian players.
Bonucci, a club legend, 8 time scudetto winner, and now an EURO winner and scorer in the final, is getting destroyed in this forum. Not to mention Bernardeschi. Back in the days, Italian players of McKennie's level and talent were regularly ridiculed by Tuz members. Guys like Sturaro, Nocerino, or Blasi.
Bonucci has hardly played well for Juve over the last few years. Plus he wanted to leave to Milan, upsetting the fans. So I have no idea what this has to do with anything.

Even if you think McKennie isn’t capable of anything other than running amock like Sturaro, he was still very useful to Allegri at times. Juventus have always had players like that anyway.

so nothing that you said actually helped your argument at all. But we know it isn’t a real argument anyway.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Bonucci has hardly played well for Juve over the last few years. Plus he wanted to leave to Milan, upsetting the fans. So I have no idea what this has to do with anything.

Even if you think McKennie isn’t capable of anything other than running amock like Sturaro, he was still very useful to Allegri at times. Juventus have always had players like that anyway.

so nothing that you said actually helped your argument at all. But we know it isn’t a real argument anyway.
It was your argument. You said "If he was Italian there wouldn’t be nearly as much discussion about it "

If McKennie was Italian, you'd have Cronios here with his wall of text blaming the nationalistic management for buying talentless Italian players. Than some Italo-Americans would come to McKennie's defense and half the forum would discuss McKennie, with the majority wanting him gone.

Imo, if McKennie was Italian he'd have had less fans in this forum and many more who'd want him gone. "Of all the Italian midfielders, like Verrati or Barella, we got McKennie :wallbang:"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It was your argument. You said "If he was Italian there wouldn’t be nearly as much discussion about it "

If McKennie was Italian, you'd have Cronios here with his wall of text blaming the nationalistic management for buying talentless Italian players. Than some Italo-Americans would come to McKennie's defense and half the forum would discuss McKennie, with the majority wanting him gone.

Imo, if McKennie was Italian he'd have had less fans in this forum and many more who'd want him gone. "Of all the Italian midfielders, like Verrati or Barella, we got McKennie:wallbang:"
You compared him to Blasi. Manuele Blasi of all players. I don’t even think he scored a goal with Juve. Actually, he probably hasn’t even scored a goal his entire career!

So come on, this is getting silly even for you bro.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Bizarre how much people focus on the nationality of players.

McKennie's nationality seems to lead to exaggerated opinions in each direction. There is a similar situation with Italian players. Some people want us to sign every young Italian, others seem dead against them and were as recently as last season suggesting Italian players should be avoided because the quality is far behind other nations. They then won the euros.

Really couldn't care less where they come from as long as they perform well for Juve.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bizarre how much people focus on the nationality of players.

McKennie's nationality seems to lead to exaggerated opinions in each direction. There is a similar situation with Italian players. Some people want us to sign every young Italian, others seem dead against them and were as recently as last season suggesting Italian players should be avoided because the quality is far behind other nations. They then won the euros.

Really couldn't care less where they come from as long as they perform well for Juve.
Nobody was saying no to Barella or Verratti. Jorginho basically isn’t even Italian. The defense was led by current or former Juve players. Chiesa already is a good Juve player. So where are all the other great Italian talents coming from when we already know who led the Azzurri this month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)