Weston “Immovable” McKennie (36 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't know if Tuz is joking or not in regard to McKennie. Why would it be surprising if Max starts him? Out of all our CMs he:

Runs the most.
Presses the best.
Gets in the box the most.
Scores the most.
Plays one touch to strikers the best.

Is he the best in build-up? No.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't know if Tuz is joking or not in regard to McKennie. Why would it be surprising if Max starts him? Out of all our CMs he:

Runs the most.
Presses the best.
Scores the most.

I think it will be a big year for him and could go either way.

On one hand Max likes intelligent players who know how to position themselves well eg Matuidi and Khedira. I'd say positioning and tactical knowledge are definitely two of McKennie's biggest weakness.

On the other hand he likes to play at least one mid who is good in the air (although Locatelli could cover that) and one who can get in the box, McKennie and Ramsey are definitely our best mids at that.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think it will be a big year for him and could go either way.

On one hand Max likes intelligent players who know how to position themselves well eg Matuidi and Khedira. I'd say positioning and tactical knowledge are definitely two of McKennie's biggest weakness.

On the other hand he likes to play at least one mid who is good in the air (although Locatelli could cover that) and one who can get in the box, McKennie and Ramsey are definitely our best mids at that.
I find McKennie has great positioning in the final 3rd. I think we would have beat Porto if Arthur could have seen his runs. He takes the space immediately and does not hesitate.

I think Wes suffers a bit from Cuadrado syndrome where they are obviously very athletic and their technique is hit or miss so people assume they're not smart players.

To me, McKennie is smarter than Rabiot and Bentancur.

In build-up, he won't be as smart as Khedira though. But I don't think Allegri will use him there.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Runs the most.
Presses the best.
Scores the most.

alen decided to troll about McKennie for some reason and some members here took his word as gospel

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I find McKennie has great positioning in the final 3rd. I think we would have beat Porto if Arthur could have seen his runs. He takes the space immediately and does not hesitate.

I think Wes suffers a bit from Cuadrado syndrome where they are obviously very athletic and their technique is hit or miss so people assume they're not smart players.

In build-up, he won't be as smart as Khedira though. But I don't think Allegri will use him there.
I was meaning positional sense in terms of being a centre mid. The sort of positions you'd expect a centre mid to pick up eg knowing where to stand to receive the ball in the build up, where to position yourself to be in the best position to make a tackle (he is often caught on the wrong side), how not to leave gaps behind you which expose the defense. I think these are big areas of weakness for him. Rabiot and Bentancur are better at that side of the game, although both need to improve on it and have other glaring weaknesses.

I think this was the main reason why we so rarely saw him as one of the 2 mids in Pirlo's system last year and why he had that other midfield role which had more freedom. Roma away was an example of a very poor performance tactically.

He makes smart runs off the ball no doubt about it, it is an underrated quality and very useful.

I think next season will go a long way to determining his future at Juve. I think a mezzala in Allegri's midfield 3 of old would suit him. I genuinely am undecided on which way his career will go with us. Hopefully he kicks on by playing in a system that suits him better than under Pirlo and progresses on his weaker areas.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

See open space, run into it. Genius.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

Runs the most.
Presses the best.
Scores the most.

:fab3:
He is a signing of Fabio ....so they will shit on him ....

but the truth ...we are going into this season with the team built by him ....managed by a real coach ....you will see the difference by then ....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I always knew that Allegri won't start McKennie in serie A and CL, but at least I thought he'll consider him for the bench and ok-ish for our B squad.
This was cruel by Allegri to put McKennie in the same line-up with De Winter (who?), Miretti (wtf?), Ranocchia (the fake one), Soule (what?) and Felix Correia (never heard). I think McKennie's better than some players in the C squad and Allegri should have been a little bit more careful and less pragmatic. After all, we do need McKennie for his strong political opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I take it back. We need to make sales before we buy and we have to advertise our 'for sale' players. I guess that is why McKennie played with the other timbers.
I see Dragusin and Pjaca played today. Demiral was given some playing time too. Perin is always for sale, as are Rugani and De Sciglio. They also started today. The kids will be loaned.

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Max knows McKennie is capable of great things here, hence the 10 goal comment we all saw.
'Devi fare 10 gol, Weston!' (without mentioning serie A, as some sources wrongly quoted Allegri) can mean anything.
Imo, it means one of two things:
1. You should score 10 goals (against such shitty serie C opposition) Weston.
2. (Like I already told you and the directors)you should score 10 goals (in these following and meaningless friendlies) Weston, (and even then I will probably never let you play an official match for Juve. You fuckin' talentless American, do you really think you'll even smell the grass once I get Pjanic back and we buy Locatelli?).

I think it's number 2 what the mister wanted to say.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
'
2. (Like I already told you and the directors)you should score 10 goals (in these following and meaningless friendlies) Weston, (and even then I will probably never let you play an official match for Juve. You fuckin' talentless American, do you really think you'll even smell the grass once I get Pjanic back and we buy Locatelli?).

I think it's number 2 what the mister wanted to say.
:disagree: Weston had 5 goals in serie last season. Wait a minute, that's 4th most the squad. More than Dybala, Rabs, Kulu, Bent (I know, doesn't say much) and even Cuads. With less time even on the pitch excluding #10.

If Max really wants and gets Pjanic back then he has more power than I thought since financially a train wreck getting Pjanic's 3 years of salary to pay. Of course probably wouldn't make the top 5 of miscues by Juve management. And I start to question Max's player evaluating wisdom.

Hopefully Pjanic never arrives so Max won't have this look after watching Wes and Miralem doing wind sprints next to each other in practice.
1627175073008.png

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
It doesn’t mean anything if he started this game, it was just a friendly. I saw regular starters playing meaningless friendlies before. Wes is the least of our problems, that if he is a problem. It seems like some posters have a rather personal agenda against him. I find he was very decent last year, I’d take him over an injury prone Arthur or a washed up Pjanic.

A midfield of Weston, Locatelli and Rabiot would be intriguing to see under Allegri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)