Weston “Immovable” McKennie (34 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
While I agree that nationality shouldn't matter much, there are some indications (facts?) that in some cases it is important.
Imo, successful squads, much more often than not, have a solid base of domestic players in the starting XI (ideally 4-6) and it's not a coincidence because these guys seem to be important for the locker-room, for motivation, for acclimatization of foreigners or youngsters, or to simply talk to the fans. In Juventus, with the exception of Sarri's season when we won the league with only one Italian among the 11 who played the most, this was always a case.
Also, coincidence or not, some players from certain countries always seem to find it hard to do well in a specific country.
To be fair, I agree with you. When you look back through successful teams more often than not there is a domestic core, or at least 1 or 2 domestic players in their starting lineup. I can only think of 1 successful side off the top of my head that didn't which was Inter's CL winning team. Although you could argue that they had Zanetti who'd been there for 15 years, and Materazzi and Toldo who were big personalities on their bench.

It is also true that typically some players from certain countries struggle in specific countries. British players are a prime example, although that doesn't mean that the next one will. If we had an infinite budget and signed Kane, I'm confident he would do well here.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it has nothing to do with his nationality. i don't like the undeserved praise mandzukic is getting from here, definitely not a legend.
he's a fan favorite. since there's no fan favourite section on tuz, i'd also put him to legends rather than in the same section with rincon or emre can. he's no ordinary "history" player for sure.

of course it's debatable, but at the end of the day, it's a non issue.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Every senior players in the game has their targets so we will not sell him

the name is the players that will out
Perrin > his target is clean sheet SELL
Rugani > his target is clean sheet SELL
MDS > his target is at least 2 assists SELL
Pjaca > his target is at least 2 goals SELL
McKennie > his target is at least 3 (goals+assists combo) SELL

LOL

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Ill give mckennie this much...he was probably the only midfielder last season who was able to perform well under pirlo. More than what can be said for others in midfield..and the squad for that matter.

We are only bringing in locatelli...so with rabiot..mckennie right now starts on that right side of midfield. Unless bentancur can start to show something again.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Every senior players in the game has their targets so we will not sell him

the name is the players that will out
Perrin > his target is clean sheet SELL
Rugani > his target is clean sheet SELL
MDS > his target is at least 2 assists SELL
Pjaca > his target is at least 2 goals SELL
McKennie > his target is at least 3 (goals+assists combo) SELL

LOL
@Vlad

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He was good up until we payed his clause. Then he wasn't able to line up a pass and his technical level shown through.

Grandmaster Pirlo preferred Rabiot and Bentancur to him, despite their shittiness.

Hopefully Allegri turns him around and the teams that got promoted are similar to Cesena to guarantee at least three McKennie goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)