Wenger regrets Zlatan snub (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he regrets not signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as he prepares to come face-to-face with the player when they play Juventus in the UEFA Champions League.

Ibrahimovic enjoyed a trial at Arsenal as a teenager and Wenger was keen to bring him to Highbury.

However, Ajax won the race for the Swede's signature and Wenger concedes he regrets not snapping up the skilful forward.

"He was here at 16 but he chose to go to Ajax, which was a big disappointment because I wanted to sign him as a youngster," said Wenger.

"I regret not being able to sign him very much because he is a very talented player and he has made a big reputation for himself within Europe as one of the best strikers of his type."

Meanwhile, Wenger is hoping Arsenal can copy Liverpool by going all the way in this season's Champions League.

Like Liverpool last season, Arsenal have excelled in Europe, but struggled domestically.

The Reds beat Juventus on their way to winning the competition last term and Wenger believes his side can learn from their Premiership rivals.

"Liverpool can be a positive example for us but it does not mean that, because they did, we will automatically do it. We realise that," added Wenger.

"You can compare the two situations, but the only difference is that they went on to finish the job.

"It is a cup and the meaning of the cup is to win it.

"If you go to the semi-final and go out, people say: 'Arsenal only got to the semi-final'.

"If you get to the final and lose it, people say: 'Arsenal have lost the final', so let's just get out and try to win the game."

Source: Skysports

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Hleb is to loved in his ball! he is a good dribbler, but often dont see the player which is maybe in a better position!

I would prefer Fabregas!

Ibra away from Juve, I cant see that happen!!

Sep 28, 2002
Tino said:
Hleb is to loved in his ball! he is a good dribbler, but often dont see the player which is maybe in a better position!
come on, zlatan does that much much more. he tries to dribble and loses it 9 times out of 10

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Fliakis said:
people are screaming for attacking midfielder and i think hleb would be my first option, ahead of aimar.
My only beef with him is that he doesn't score enough and can play too passive a role in midfield at times. Sometimes you just need someone who is willing to go into the box and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Looks and seems right to me. Maybe Juventus will buy someone with a passion to play soccer with that cash.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
If himperform means makes him bad then yes, obviously it does. Give me one forward who would perform under yesterdays midfield.

In a way, Arsenal plays like Sweden. A lot of good runners and counter-attacks. And He's always on top of the line when playing for us(swe) so I'm absolutely sure that he would be successful with the Gunners.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
If by losing every fucking ball you mean trying to trible when no one shows themself then YES. Yes he's been bad a couple games in the Serie A, but when Vieira worked in the beggining this season he was great.

Come one Jeeks your not in idiot. He always deliver for Sweden and I can't believe people are already forgetting last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)