We were close to ballack before.. (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Better than Vieira I can make ya sure, Ballack was the optimal solution for our team...

Ballack will give Emerson a pure defensive role, just behind the defence line, and I think this limits of Puma's abilities.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Better than Vieira I can make ya sure, Ballack was the optimal solution for our team...
Ballack can't defend bro, PS we all know that If we Sign Ballack he'll probably have no Place. With Bayern he plays in the 4-3-3, being a playmaker I guess. In Juve we all know that Capello will stick with his 4-4-2.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Come on he doesn't have any special attacking abilities to be limited....
It seems you haven't seen him neither at Roma nor Leverkusen.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Ballack can't defend bro , PS we all know that If we Sign Ballack he'll probably have no Place. With Bayern he plays in the 4-3-3, being a playmaker I guess. In Juve we all know that Capello will stick with his 4-4-2.
Why it always about the ****in deffence...
Why we should always play with 11 deffensive minded players :confused:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Marion ] ++
I don't think Munich would give Ballack away for few mil.$. They don't give away home players so easily. And I too think Ballack is way away overrated and he can't be so good outside Germany borders thogh Viera isn't even near to my fav. players.
Yeah he was supposed to be Effenberg's replacement, not only the leading player but also the symbol of the team. It wouldn't be very wise to throw him away.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I'll tell you why, Having Ballack and Emerson will keep our defenders Shaking, They both attack, they both got the skills to attack, and this is gonna cause us problems. We Need a DM, who can STICK Infront of our defenders, Like Patrick.

Anyhow TBH, Ballack has been a great player in my book, and It would had been great to sign him, But we all know Capello.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

I'll tell you why, Having Ballack and Emerson will keep our defenders Shaking, They both attack, they both got the skills to attack, and this is gonna cause us problems. We Need a DM, who can STICK Infront of our defenders, Like Patrick.

Anyhow TBH, Ballack has been a great player in my book, and It would had been great to sign him, But we all know Capello.

Once again Emerson has no special attacking abilities...
He is on of the less creative Brazilians I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean that he is not one of the best in controlling the midfield and buliding the game...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I said no special...
Even Tacchinardi has some attacking abilities like scoring from the middile of the field once each 17 years.....
This is not what Emerson can do only, and I am not comparing him to Nedved here. I hope I am not mistaken in what I have been saying earlier, but let us wait and see how the midfield will perform.

As you said earlier about why is it always a defensive player, it does not need so much reaction, but Capello ALWAYS plays with two poles.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Emerson used to be like Scholes, always in the right place to score in the box. Now he is far more defensive, which is not a bad thing as we don't demand him to score that much.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004

Most teams play with 7 defensive minded players and 4 offensive ones. Since we will probably play with two strikers, Nedved and Camoranesi defensive qualities are the priority for the central midfielders.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
Emerson used to be like Scholes, always in the right place to score in the box. Now he is far more defensive, which is not a bad thing as we don't demand him to score that much.
good point

Blind

May 8, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

Yeah he was supposed to be Effenberg's replacement, not only the leading player but also the symbol of the team. It wouldn't be very wise to throw him away.
IMO Effenberg was far more the leader than that Ballack can ever be.
Plus Effenberg at the age of 29 was seriously something else than Ballack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)