We have NOBODY signed to help us NOW !!! (6 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Juventus has never purchased a player during the January transfer market to play in the same season. I think we should expect this trend to continue, however painful it might be. But as the way things are going, it's not like we're absolutely desperate for reinforcements such as we were when Lippi spent his final season on our touchline.
EDGAR DAVIDS

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Deschamps today: “The aim now is to start thinking about next season. The squad is already competitive and we have enough players to achieve our objectives this year”.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    Excuse me for a moment but aren't Juve top of the chart??

It's the jackasses at the bottom who need January signings, not you.
    excuse me, but what you and others here fail to realize is that Genoa, Napoli, and Bologna are improving their squads for the promotion push, while we are lying stagnant.

And if anyone has watched the games previous to Cesena, it hasnt been a walk in the park for us

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    excuse me, but what you and others here fail to realize is that Genoa, Napoli, and Bologna are improving their squads for the promotion push, while we are lying stagnant.

And if anyone has watched the games previous to Cesena, it hasnt been a walk in the park for us
    all you do is chat poo, just because we have some injury problems recently you automatically think OMG we need signings we will die otherwise, we'll be fine

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Yeah but the MLS is about comparable to the Dutch 2nd division and nobody wants to play for BV Veendam either :D
    looks like they will succeed:

http://www.soccernews.nl/news/24023

In short it says that Davids is close toio signing a contract at Ajax.
    Ajax has already a deal with davids, now they have to agree with Tottenham.

But since this was off topic, I apologize and I think this squad will do to get us promotion to serieA again.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
    Sep 12, 2006
    The thing is, truly big clubs have never made signings in January. They put all the pieces of their jigsaw together in the summer, train together, gel, & then strive to achieve the objectives they set before the season begins. Panic buying by desperate clubs in what happens in January. Think of Jose Antonio Reyes to Arsenal, or Albert Luque to Newcastle as prime examples. January signings are the hallmark of Inter in the years before Mancini arrived. It is not a situation we should be shouting for at our club. Yes we do have serious injury problems in defence, but we're still doing well. Dont forget we started the season on minus 9 and now top the table. We enter the 2nd half with a headstart, and the injured players will return. A little perspective is needed here, along with some cool heads. Trust in DD & the squad, even if the new board scares us all a little..........

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

And yet they are still not better than Juve.

So while they are making all of these winter signings to fight for promotion, they are still inferior talent-wise to take over the top spot.

All the while, the powers that be in Turin are stashing away what little money they have this winter in order to parlay that into summer signings that will not only keep them from the bottom feeders of Serie A, but make them legitimate title contenders next season.

Seriously, even if Genoa, Bologna, and Napoli make it into Serie A next year, do you honestly think that they will be able to field a team that would be nothing better than mid-table at best??

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It would be nice, but not necessary, IMO. I hope the club is doing the smart thing and hoping for a little more health at the backline for the remainder of the season -- we've been dogged with injuries in a way that hopefully won't persist. And we are essentially 11 points at the top of the table (-9), so if this form keeps up I'm not worried about the occasional loss or draw.

I can only hope that the thinking is to sign others should Serie A be assured. How many other Serie B clubs do you know have a half dozen World Cup starters on the squad? If we cannot place in the promotion bracket with this squad, we are f*cked in more ways than one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)