We get the Deportivo in CL (1 Viewer)

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
Would we be scared ? haha......

That team got Drubbed 3-8 by Monaco, has an ultra-slow and weak defense, together with only one goal-threat and a bizarre coach.
This shouldn't be a problem. Although I would've preferred Bayern, they look like they cant win ANY game this season.

Forza Juve!!!!!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You would've preferred Bayern? That's hardly an intelligent thing to say. They may not be playing well now, but if Bayern find form I wouldn't like to be the team facing them. Depor on the other hand, aren't as good offensively and their ancient defence should be a piece of cake for Neddy, DP and Trez. Travelling to Spain is never easy, but I think we'll get through.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'm quite happy with this. Sure, Depor are dangerous, but they're still quite beatable, and it's good practice to get a tougher draw at this stage. A handy win over some no-hopers might have left Juve over-confident for later rounds.

OP

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    or maybe Lokomotiv ???????????

We have had some unusual names in the mix this season.

Bayern, are formidable only on their reputation and prestige and not on thier current game.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    If they made it this far, they're good.

I hope we win moslty cos if Spain takes alot of teams to the quarters, rest assured their newspapers will be bragging about this achievement for years to come. :rolleyes:

Oh and we can expect the usual 'Deportivo vs Catenaccio' headlines *sigh*

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    If they made it this far, they're good.

I hope we win moslty cos if Spain takes alot of teams to the quarters, rest assured their newspapers will be bragging about this achievement for years to come. :rolleyes:

Oh and we can expect the usual 'Deportivo vs Catenaccio' headlines *sigh*
    Ugh tell me about it, I'm already being teased for the "4 teams in the CL vs. 2 teams in the CL, which league is better?"

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    It's not like Depor are attacking brilliance personified anyway. Juve are set up well to take them though. They've fallen at the quarters in recent years. They don't have the quality to beat the top five or six teams.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I'm quite happy with this. Sure, Depor are dangerous, but they're still quite beatable, and it's good practice to get a tougher draw at this stage. A handy win over some no-hopers might have left Juve over-confident for later rounds.
    me too :D better to get tougher draws. i must say i'm just a bit worried, but i think we can win this. it wont be easy, but we can win :D besides, we have gr8 track record against spanish clubs :cool:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Ugh tell me about it, I'm already being teased for the "4 teams in the CL vs. 2 teams in the CL, which league is better?"
    i know what u mean.....so sick and tired of it......

the idiots just dont know that u cant judge a league just by looking @the number of teams in CL.....then bundesliga is same as serie A coz they have 2teams too?? idiots....:fero:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by anuroc ] ++
    I'm glad you seem to be very confident, good news for us :)
    oh well, another opponent fan...u're here to annoy us huh?? :D

naah, we're not very confident ......but we believe we have a chance against ur team, that's all :cool:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by anuroc ] ++
    I'm glad you seem to be very confident, good news for us :)
    A Depor fan? That's something new here, hi and welcome Anuroc! :)

How do you rate your chances?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    this was the last team I wanted to get before the draw :rolleyes:
    why Depor again... it's not fair. we meet them all the time, and always struggle :(
    it's like the draw is fixed!

but good luck to Juve!!!

OP

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

i know what u mean.....so sick and tired of it......

the idiots just dont know that u cant judge a league just by looking @the number of teams in CL.....then bundesliga is same as serie A coz they have 2teams too?? idiots....:fero:
    they try to suppress their own insecurity !

how's that strike coming , Depor fan ?

OP

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    this was the last team I wanted to get before the draw :rolleyes:
    why Depor again... it's not fair. we meet them all the time, and always struggle :(
    it's like the draw is fixed!

but good luck to Juve!!!
    you do know our recent record against Spanish opposition, don't you ? :cool:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelogy ] ++

you do know our recent record against Spanish opposition, don't you ? :cool:
    haha I expected a reply like that :D
    well I don't think it matters what we did against spanish teams last year.
    remember that we met Real Madrid and Barcelona too, and not just Deportivo.
    the fact is that we always struggle against Depor. even last year, when we overcome them (and you may consider it as an impressing victory).
    but we still were down 2-0 after 10 minutes in Riazor, and needed a tudor's late goal, and a great second half, to win 3-2. it was tough untill the end.
    before that victory we had 3 draws and one lost against them, and always played our worst football against them.
    trust Juve, but it's not a good draw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)