We get the Deportivo in CL (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah i know.... we did very well last seaosn against spaniards.
But deportivo is a tough team, they never gave up..and their fighting spirit is as good as ours.

They always try to give their best against us... and remember that we were the ones who left depor out of the league last season..so this time they will try to clean that incident.

Anyways.... we know that the Juve-Depr games are very exciting, cause both teams always figth till the ned.
Lasts eason.. oth games were outstanding.

I hope that we will make it again this time... but dont expect a walk in the park....this will be tough. I really dont wnated to face depor.

Buy on AliExpress.com

anuroc

Nov 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

A Depor fan? That's something new here, hi and welcome Anuroc! :)

How do you rate your chances?
Thank you. About the games I would be very concerned if the games were to be played this month, but I hope Depor's players form will improve at the end of winter as it's usual. I would have prefered to play Chelsea but Juve is fine for me; our players will remember last season game at Delle Alpi and will be motivated. I guess everything it's possible.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I prefered to face sparta or lokomotiv but sooner or later you have to face strong teams in the coming rounds , AC milan was lucky to play sparta or maybe a surprise WILL happen???

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Damn, i sooo knew this. Some teams are inseperable in the CL.
Just like Madrid have Bayern. Juve have Depor.
And its very very tricky, Depor are a hard team to beat.
Lets hope the first leg is in Spain.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Deportivo should worry. If that 4-0 ass thrashing was not enough last season at home they now have to face another Italian team with something to prove and out for blood. Yes I will say it they are simply outclassed. I have no doubt the Italian teams will get by this first 'hurdle'.

OP

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    Too bad........Deportivo is one of my favorite teams, but Juve comes before it in the picking order.

I hope we beat them in the least humiliating way possible. :)
    I hope we beat them in the MOST humiliating way possible
    :D

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Juve came pretty close to beating them at the Riazor last season (2-2 after being 2 goals down. Birindelli scored one of the most beautiful goals ever ! and Nedved scored a low screamer)

I actually like the fact that the first game is in Spain, which gives Juve enough time to regroup in case they lose the first leg.

Its almost like Deportivo are a Serie A team - we seem to play them twice every freakin year.

Forza Juve.

Jul 19, 2003
    No, but that was a slip-up. Just like when Arsenal thrashed Inter 1-5; after the third goal, Inter was in disarray and lost concentration....they weren't THAT outplayed.

Watch Deportivo in La Liga, I remember when they wiped the floor with Sociedad, even though it was a close score, but they really outplayed them. Don't let any score-line fool you. They just had a bad day. ;)

Aug 1, 2003
    oh dear, deportivo again :undecide:
    even though juve sent them out of CL last season, we always seem to struggle with depor. so, i hope this time we'll do better and hopefully come up with another 'tudor'.

plus, its another spanish team. lets eliminate them :cool: but they're still a good side.

I remember few seasons back in CL del piero missed a costly penalty,. was it against depor or porto? I can't remember, this was during one of the group stages and we were out

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    I'd rather juve face bayern.

Deportivo is a tough team whenever they meet juve and this time they will be even tougher as they have a revenge to make.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    The game is 2 months away... a lot can change by then. Deportivo won't be making any significant changes as far as the transfer market is concerned as they have a new Stadium in the pipeline.

Juve are superior in every aspect and if anything, Depor are only weaker than last season without Makaay.

they will still be a handful but theres no point in making any predictions now.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

I remember few seasons back in CL del piero missed a costly penalty,. was it against depor or porto? I can't remember, this was during one of the group stages and we were out
    yes that was against Depor. the 0-0

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelogy ] ++
    Would we be scared ? haha......

That team got Drubbed 3-8 by Monaco, has an ultra-slow and weak defense, together with only one goal-threat and a bizarre coach.
    This shouldn't be a problem. Although I would've preferred Bayern, they look like they cant win ANY game this season.

Forza Juve!!!!!!!!!!
    i think this team is kinda good for us....

we can beat them.
    easily or not,but we still can.

i will never foget the game against deportivo last year..... :heart:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    It's not just Juve's pride at stake, but also Italian pride. If we aare elminated, Spain will have around 3 or even 4 teams in the quarters, while Italy would only have 1. We cannot allow this cos the Spanish media will gloat about it forever :(

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    This is NOT GOOD. We always have a tough time with them, but the difference between our team last year and this years is DEFENSE

We struggled to get past Depor last season, but this year we will NOT beat them !!!!!

Defense will be our downfall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    This is NOT GOOD. We always have a tough time with them, but the difference between our team last year and this years is DEFENSE

We struggled to get past Depor last season, but this year we will NOT beat them !!!!!

Defense will be our downfall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    u're always pessimistic arent u....?:frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)