We are losing depth. I'm worried. (1 Viewer)

OP
Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #41
    Look at our central defence, we simply don't have enough options there.

I seriously doubt that Tudor will be with us this season.

Kovac is a good player and adds depth and quality at centreback. But we really need another centre back, if we lose Tudor.

Kovac apparently has muscular problems already, so I wonder who will start in central defence against Inter? Hmm, that's a tough one. Can we really expect Thuram and Canna to play almost every game for us this season, because that's what it looks like yet again. Thuram might be playing for France again which will make it even worse.

It's possible Masiello will be the 4th centreback, Moggi has confirmed he will have a role this season, but last season he was played at fullback.

We are moving in for Miguel, but he is a rightback. We still will be lacking quality cover at centre half.

In addition, Thuram, Cannavaro and Kovac are all over 30. How much longer can they last at the highest level? It's a fair question to ask, and I would say no longer than 2 seasons. And it does not appear that anyone in Juve is planning for the future in central defence, with the exception of Masiello, if he is indeed seen as a centreback.

I maintain that we will have trouble remaining competitive in all competition this season if we do not get a new centre back.

PS I do not trust Giannichedda at CB!

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    I think that we lost a lot by selling Maresca.He is young and great.Great central midfield backup he could be,and he was totally commited to us.Born in Torino,played only for Juve(don't count loans).:down:

Anyway,i think that our priority right now is one confident CB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)