We are losing depth. I'm worried. (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
For me, after tacchinardi's departure I feel our midfield is empty now :down: I really liked how alessio played. (Again thank you Alessio for those beautiful 11 years, we won't miss you, you will always be in our hearts, good luck).
I think we are in need for a Right back. Keep the current midfield and get a proper side back. Zebina did all he can do las year.
We need Blasi, someone has to do our dirty work in the midfield.
AND PLEASE RECRUIT ANOTHER GOALKEEER. I like Cheminti is a person but he is out of ideas now in terms of goalkeeping.
We still have Bonnefoi with us, even though we don't know about his form yet.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think now that we have great midfielders we have the opportunity to let young ones get playing time, I'd like to see De Ceglie, and Masiello.

But I feel we still have a good enough depth, much more options than last year when I was praying all year long that nothing serious happened to Canna, Thuram and Emerson.

Aug 1, 2003
I'd hate to see C Zanetti in Juventus

I dont think our situation is as bad although it might help if we try and rectify it a bit; but with Tacc's departure, like others, I do feel at a loss...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only depth question I worry about is that of the midfield. At the back we could use another option, preferably in the center and right-back slot, however we do have adequate cover for Thuram and Cannavaro in the Croation duo of Kovac and Tudor. Up top we certainly have enought options IF we keep hold of Zalayeta, and like I said after last season we really did not need to make any changes to our attack because it was obvious our problem was in the midfield.

During last term I was asking for more options in midfield, and now since we have given Kapo away on loan we need to bring in at least one more attacking midfielder to provide cover for Nedved and Camoranesi. I think Pires would be a good short-term fix, however we need to find somebody because Olivera is not good enough to play for Juventus regulary. The midfield is my only worry in this discussion (once again).

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
yea i think he will gain a lot of confidence from playing regularly which is vital for a forward and then when he comes back next season he will be raring to go.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I dont know. I thought sending him away on loan was for the best. It was clear that he wasnt good enough last season, though he had the will.
Even though I only saw him once or twice I thought that he showed a reasonable amount of promise and I didn't see his best game which IIRC was against Lazio.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I wouldn't have been against him staying, but Capello does prefer Olivera on the bench and we've got no shortage of forwards (even though it isn't Kapo's natural position).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm satisfied with our centre backs. If we keep Tudor then we'll have him and Kovac providing cover for Thuram and Cannavaro with Masiello ready to make the transition from Primavera to first team if necessary.

Another midfielder and a right back should complete our squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)